Mixed bag at Hagg (9 October 2021)

bass
bass
Late to post this but I fished Hagg on the 9th. I ended up with 10 trout, a couple of perch, a nice sized crappie and a bullhead. I tried lots of depths and speeds. Trolling fast (1.7mph) and near the surface (1/8oz) is what worked best for me. Biggest trout was 17" which put up a great fight. Most fish caught on the 1/24oz roostertail (pink or green) with 1/2 nightcrawler trailer.

It took me quite a while (embarrassingly long really) to get things dialed in. When I was trolling slower I would get just enough bites (almost all short strikes) to keep me doing what I was doing. Once I started trolling faster the fish started hitting hard and I started hooking up.

Reactions: 305to503fishermen, DOKF and fromthelogo
troutdude
troutdude
Most excellent. Are those Lamiglass fiberglass rods?

bass
bass
troutdude said:
Most excellent. Are those Lamiglass fiberglass rods?
Yes! They are the 8' Lamiglas Kokanee rods and I really love those rods. I got a great deal on them quite a while back (maybe 10 years now) at Fisherman's marine during the sportsman's show. I have Daiwa digital line counter reels on them. Great lightweight combo.

J
JimboSmith
Bass I’ve watch several of your videos. Keep posting!

bass
bass
JimboSmith said:
Bass I’ve watch several of your videos. Keep posting!
Thanks! It is really up to the fish to cooperate though :)

Reactions: JimboSmith
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Are those rods one piece? I’m thinking about getting a couple limber action glass rods and using them with BFS Curados and light braid.

bass
bass
They are 2 piece rods.