Mirror carp

• Thread starter Troutier Bassier
  • Start date
T

Troutier Bassier

I caught this Awesome Mirror carp yesterday, It wieghed about 7Lbs. I was sitting and Texting when All of a sudden I hear My friends rod stand up straight and im all :think::think: What happened?, THen I look at my rod and It was bent over, Tip in the water :shock::shock: Crap!
I pick it up and Set it, But he was already in the weeds so The only thing I couldve done was pulll him out of the weeds, But I was using a 10lb Mainline so I was scarred it was gonna break, But I took the risk anyways and Pulled him out. Then I got my Buddy to net him.

A Nice day on the lake

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bassman503

I caught this Awesome Mirror carp yesterday, It wieghed about 7Lbs. I was sitting and Texting when All of a sudden I hear My friends rod stand up straight and im all :think::think: What happened?, THen I look at my rod and It was bent over, Tip in the water :shock::shock: Crap!
I pick it up and Set it, But he was already in the weeds so The only thing I couldve done was pulll him out of the weeds, But I was using a 10lb Mainline so I was scarred it was gonna break, But I took the risk anyways and Pulled him out. Then I got my Buddy to net him.

A Nice day on the lake

Dayum Youre the only one i see catching them. xD. Eww nasty!Those carps are ugly, but they fight good.I'm having problems catching them. WEll maybe its cos i find the blue gills more entertaining than waiting for a carp ahah.nice fish

T

Troutier Bassier

True, Today I sat from 2 to 7pm with 1 Bite, Thats all,

Last edited:
O

osama5477

where did you catch this carp

where did you catch this carp

Hi ,

where did you catch this carp ?

I

Ifishforfood

am i mistaken, or is that blue lake? thats my new favorite spot, thanks to you TB ! i can catch the sunfish fine, but the carp are the trouble. got any tips?

T

Troutier Bassier

Corn on a hook. Cast in that spot and set your drag low. Wait for 6 hours until you get a bite.

M

muskieguide

I don't know bout down there, but in WA I'll take several slices of bread and break em up and throw em out. Not long after that the carp will be in a feeding frenzy and either corn or worm under a bobber kills em. I'll also take a couple cans of corn and spread it in the fishin hole and they come runnin and the bite is on.