Minto Brown Bassin

F
Fisherman.Z.
i went to minto brown for the forth time in a month or so today. and i caught a three or four pounder at the back with my first cast. i threw out and then went to clear the cotton wood from my top eye and as i reached up for it my rod bent and the fish took off. it was AWESOME...!

and last thursday i went there at like 5, and spent a while in this one spot along the bank with some trees and saw a nice 5 or 6 pounder. but it wouldnt eat my worm... so we went to the back and came back about 45 mins later... and i threw out the last worm i had that i hadnt tried in that spot. and it was sitting for like 15 seconds as i scratched my arm(mosquito bite) and a massive fish took my worm. i went to set the hook but i missed the fish...:(:rolleyes:... i blame the reel i was using...
its one of the ones where it goes back to the casting position, it doesn't just stay where you stop it, while today i used one that didn't swing back, and what do'ya know....it hooked itself...:dance:

A
A_J-Llama
Minto Bass

Minto Bass

Were you using live worms or plastics?? I used to use the same type reel but have switched to all anti-reverse type, although the trigger type is good for pitching lures when you are doing a lot of casting. Nice job on the hogs,:clap: I haven't been to Minto Brown ponds in a long time.

F
Fisherman.Z.
i was using soft plastics. it was totally awesome.

but we used some real worms to catch bluegill. that was fun. and they were free.. someone left a little container half full along one of the trails. so we used the worms and then we PROPERLY disposed of the container in the garbage... some people:mad:

C
crazyhats5
Thas awesome I was there friday nite till dark and my buddy caught a 7.5 pounder I will post pic when I download it from my phone!! It drug the raft it was killer!

S
sawgunner
never been there... were you on a boat?

C
crazyhats5
Yes little one man rafts

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome

Welcome

sawgunner said:
never been there... were you on a boat?

sawgunner;
Welcome to the family that fishes together! Well,we do get together when we can,and when we can't we come here to hear from those that did. You have found the pot 'o gold as far as fishing forums go. We love sharing info and anything to do with fishing to help each other enjoy fishing. Check out our archives,there are hundreds of threads with mind boggling amounts of helpful tips and locations.
Welcome home from the Army,also. Thank you for your dedication and service to this country and we,the people. Without you and other like-minded souls,we would be living in an unthinkable place. Thank you.
Be safe.
Barb