Minn Kota trolling motor question.

R
Ryno Smojo
Hey guys I just bought a different boat and need some advice, I have to buy another bow mounted trolling motor tri-pod seats with bases. Ive shopped around a lot and it seems that walmart has the best prices. Minn kotas base model is a 40 thrust edge for 336.00 and motorguide has one for 289.00. I used to have the minn kota powerdrive but the foot controls were real stiff and I didn't want the same. The boat I bought is an open bow 18' maxum with 120 hp outboard (more family friendly than bass boat) so I was thinking I could put the base on the floor and have a long enough post that I could just put the foot controls on the bow seats. Let me know what you guys think. Ill have to post some pics when im done.

H
Hawk
Ryno Smojo said:
Hey guys I just bought a different boat and need some advice, I have to buy another bow mounted trolling motor tri-pod seats with bases. Ive shopped around a lot and it seems that walmart has the best prices. Minn kotas base model is a 40 thrust edge for 336.00 and motorguide has one for 289.00. I used to have the minn kota powerdrive but the foot controls were real stiff and I didn't want the same. The boat I bought is an open bow 18' maxum with 120 hp outboard (more family friendly than bass boat) so I was thinking I could put the base on the floor and have a long enough post that I could just put the foot controls on the bow seats. Let me know what you guys think. Ill have to post some pics when im done.

My boat is a 1994 Alumacraft lunker 16' with a Nissan 40hp. She is a starboard steering console style.

Two years ago i bought & mounted a Minnkota Edge 50lb thrust bowmount foot control electric troll motor. She moves my boat around reel good...:lol:

From WallyWorld i bought two 12volt deep cycle batts. I already had plastic boxes.

From my other boat i took one of the bass chairs (with armrests) & mounted about two feet aft of the bow on a lockable storage box. It works reel well & comfortable. My foot reach's foot control easily.

:D:D:D

:cool::cool::cool:

Best of Luck with what you decide Bro.

S
skyhammer
Get back the power drive and buy the co-pilot remote control and throw the foot control overboard.
You wear the co pilot like a wrist watch and can control the motor from anywhere in the boat.

F
Firemann59
I have used a Minn-Kota Autopilot for 15 years on a 17.5' Smokercraft. A couple of years ago I upgraded to the wireless remote and love it. I can control the motor from anywhere in the boat. If I had to replace the motor I would get the same setup.