Milo Mciver park!

J
jathrtn
Just hit Mciver park this morning, and gotta say i like the clackamas much better than fishing the sandy @ cedar creek. met some cool ppl, and one guy gave me a jig to try. I tried floating some row, and changed up to a jig after about an hour! tried some of the techniques that have worked for ppl but no luck for me today; although one guy did limit using prawns. i think they were good sized summers. I will fish again tomorrow and hopefully better luck, and i still have a lot to learn about the river. i will keep using the techniques that ppl have told me and sooner or later wham! hopefully sooner than later! FISH ON!:cool:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Right attitude helps

Right attitude helps

jathrtn said:
Just hit Mciver park this morning, and gotta say i like the clackamas much better than fishing the sandy @ cedar creek. met some cool ppl, and one guy gave me a jig to try. I tried floating some row, and changed up to a jig after about an hour! tried some of the techniques that have worked for ppl but no luck for me today; although one guy did limit using prawns. i think they were good sized summers. I will fish again tomorrow and hopefully better luck, and i still have a lot to learn about the river. i will keep using the techniques that ppl have told me and sooner or later wham! hopefully sooner than later! FISH ON!:cool:

Well,you definitely have the right attitude. The best way to take 'em home for dinner is to keep at it. BTW I like that same area,it's easier on my bones and joints. :confused: :lol: Good fishing!! :clap:

R
redhawk50
Does Milo have a lot of river access? Does anybody know if it has any nice runs to swing with my fly rod. Thanks. Planning on hitting the Sandy Wednesday at Oxbow but want to avoid any Mall areas on black Friday and am thinking about trying the Clack. Thanks

M
metalfisher76
redhawk50 said:
Does Milo have a lot of river access? Does anybody know if it has any nice runs to swing with my fly rod. Thanks. Planning on hitting the Sandy Wednesday at Oxbow but want to avoid any Mall areas on black Friday and am thinking about trying the Clack. Thanks

Yes. Not that I have fished it, but have buddies that do.

J
jathrtn
redhawk50 said:

I think that mciver has very good river access and ive been going up there for the last few weeks in a row and each week i have seen the river produce for ppl. one thing about oxbo is that it is great early on in the year for salmon and summer steel head but it seems the the fish are mostly just passing through except for the chinook which has ultamitely wound down. my experience with oxbo is that all of the salmon i was hokking into happened to be native chinook; however i did see some ppl across from me catching and keeping and i can't speek for them as to weather or not they were keeping natives. All i know is that if i could get the fish close enough to see if it was native i would not pull it out of the water. I would remove the hook and let it go to be as careful as possible to not harm the native fish. as far as summer steelies on the sandy, i think u will have much better luck on the clack. Im not too sure if winters have started into the clack or the sandy yet; although i have heard a few rumors. :cool:

Last edited: