Miller Lake - 10/22-23/2011

F
flipper
Late report, but figured it might help out anyone this weekend.

Fishing was pretty slow out there for the most part. Heard one guy limited out on non-kokanee fish..figured cut-throat and browns.

Majority of the fish (5 total out of 6 guys camping/fishing) caught on our trip were from crocodile spoons and rapalas. The usual casting towards shore early morning/evenings and bringing the lure back out into the depths.

Hope it's better luck for whomever heads out this weekend.

Edit: Forgot to mention....it's COLD there right now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S
Sinkline

Last edited:
F
flipper
Sinkline said:
Thanks for the report.

Did you guys see a lot of fish cruising the shallows?

Randy

We did, many fish rolling as well...just weren't biting to our standards ;)

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
love the browns.....thanks for sharing!

F
flipper
nwkiller said:
love the browns.....thanks for sharing!

Beautiful fish, but IMO lack in the fighting department. I categorize them in the chinook salmon department; sluggish fighting but strong. I'd certainly prefer a 15 inch bow on the line than a brown :)

C
cowboysfan
I lived in chemult from 81 -86 I got very familiar with Miller lake, It is a beautiful lake and has some very nice fish in it, dont forget bug spray!!! We would always try to be the first ones in because the best fishing to be had was very early usualy late may early June, there also used to be very nice bows in there my buddy caught a 10 lb bow in june pulling a crawler behind a fender.

Troutski
Troutski
You have to love that lake, especially the drive..... the last part anyway :rolleyes: . I did my best on the north end during the mid day, trolling a segmented 3" Rainbow Rapala at least 150' behind the boat. My first night fishing came on that lake, very strange hooking a fish at two in the morning, not knowing where it was or what it was doing, and then your friend looks you in the eye with his head lamp on bright :lol:. Great fun and wonderful bathrooms:shock:.
Thanks for the pictures... great looking fish.

Chuck