Middle Rogue steelhead

S
sos23
whooo hooo!!!! got my first steelhead ever yesterday afternoon on the middle rogue, she was caught drifting a orange corkie from the bank. i thought i was addicted before...... every time i would reel any line in she would just rip it back out, man what a feeling!! after about five or six minutes the fight was over and i ended up with a very bright 26 inch female hatchery steelhead. i had a question though... she had two full egg sacks and i was wondering if they were worth curing like salmon roe? thanks!

S
sherretb
Yup. Do it to it!

S
skunk
Way to go!

brandon4455
brandon4455
sos23 said:
whooo hooo!!!! got my first steelhead ever yesterday afternoon on the middle rogue, she was caught drifting a orange corkie from the bank. i thought i was addicted before...... every time i would reel any line in she would just rip it back out, man what a feeling!! after about five or six minutes the fight was over and i ended up with a very bright 26 inch female hatchery steelhead. i had a question though... she had two full egg sacks and i was wondering if they were worth curing like salmon roe? thanks!
steelhead eggs are the best to use. use the regular method of curing just like for salmon eggs. and the other steelhead or some salmon will gobble them up and grats on the fish ;) tight lines,

brandon

S
schroegp
God that sounds great! thanks for posting