Middle Fork

L
lilsalmon
Bigsteel and I are fishing the middle fork of the Willamette on thursday and friday....Anyone know some good spots to fish? This is our first time there so we would like some advice and suggestions...thanks.

R
rippin fish lips
i could show you some good spots if there is an open seat maybe

L
lilsalmon
We will be bank fishing.....otherwise we would gladly give you a seat...sorry.

T
the_intimidator03
Well lilsalmon... I assume you will be going below dexter dam.... I am looking at hitting above lookout reservoir but I spose if yall go thursday i could change plans and meet up with you lower. As for spots... I havent a clue. I only know of the snaggers paradise on the middle fork.. altho pengra im told has decent bank fishing if i recall correctly

L
lilsalmon
We are staying at campers flat. Being that I am unfamiliar with the area I am not sure where everything is located....need to study the map some more. Snaggers paradise sounds like something I would want to avoid :D

B
bigsteel
the_intimidator03 said:
Well lilsalmon... I assume you will be going below dexter dam.... I am looking at hitting above lookout reservoir but I spose if yall go thursday i could change plans and meet up with you lower. As for spots... I havent a clue. I only know of the snaggers paradise on the middle fork.. altho pengra im told has decent bank fishing if i recall correctly
we are gonna be above the reservoir,,staying at campers flat,,

T
the_intimidator03
Oo...ok... I havent fished that area before. Tryin to look at this google map to figure out which fork is still the middle fork and what the others are. I am looking at fly and spin fishing up along the middle fork on thursday. possibly getting wet in my 2 peice waders and some water shoes. guess we will see how that goes

Last edited:
Troutski
Troutski
PM sent...

Chuck

R
rippin fish lips
Well good luck when you guys get out there! I my self will be everywhere around the town run, ill be bankin it, i found a few spots that look good but looks like everyone drift fishes it there so i wont want to cast spinners or spoons there, but it wont hurt to go check it out and see if there is an open spot! most likely i will dodge the crowds like i always do. i dont mind all the fisher ppl in boats tho :D and some bankers are really nice but some are slobs!

Last edited:
T
troutjunkie88
october caddis, light/gray mayflies, prince nymphs and possie buggers are all you will need

L
lilsalmon
Thanks TJ88.....I can't wait...I love trying out new water

L
lilsalmon
rippin fish lips said:
Well good luck when you guys get out there! I my self will be everywhere around the town run, ill be bankin it, i found a few spots that look good but looks like everyone drift fishes it there so i wont want to cast spinners or spoons there, but it wont hurt to go check it out and see if there is an open spot! most likely i will dodge the crowds like i always do. i dont mind all the fisher ppl in boats tho :D and some bankers are really nice but some are slobs!

Thanks.....good luck to you too. I like avoiding the crowds also.....not into any sort of combat fishing or a lot of people.

R
rippin fish lips
lilsalmon said:
Thanks.....good luck to you too. I like avoiding the crowds also.....not into any sort of combat fishing or a lot of people.

i think im just gunna swing by there to look what that water looks like so i can beat the crowd there one day, well try. and i love fishing new water too!!

G
GrillMaster
Great place for Trout, I learned how to fly fish on that river. Mighty fine water up there, you are camped in a great location. You should try the spur road just before you cross the bridge in the back; headed up stream of the lake, turn right and the road follows the river for a good piece. Enjoy the area; wild and scenic for sure.

GM

G
GDBrown
Don't forget your Hunter Orange!

L
lilsalmon
shipoopy.....I didn't think about the hunters...grrrrrrr

B
bigsteel
thanks everyone for the advise,,,this will be a great trip

R
rippin fish lips
yeah becareful about those hunters! Dont wear cameflodge if your fishing, wear something that stands out to the other hunters, then hey will be able to tell its a human and not a game animan lol

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Orange balloons...

Orange balloons...

I strongly suggest tying on 5-6 large ORANGE helium filled balloons. :D They're great water wings if anyone (coughdavecough);) :lol: :lol: falls into the drink and they will keep you safe.

L
lilsalmon
Barb...your funny...thanks for the help everyone....we went out there and had a great time...a lot of water in that area. Bigsteel is going to post a thread with pics and stuff.....as for the hunters, we were the only fisher people at the campground but it was a very nice place anyway....hehe. We wore our ordinary tan and black...hehe...rebels we are (I laugh and say that cuz I am home safe and unshot)