Mid-Feb fishing off Hwy 58?

U
UOFan714
With the extreme lack of snowpack currently, how feasible is bank fishing some hike-in (or drive up) lakes off highway 58 near Willamette Pass this time of year?

Specifically, I have been looking at Rosary Lakes, Gold Lake and Marilyn Lakes. Any other suggestions? Trout fishing in the city of Eugene just isn't the same as in the mountains, i'm just counting the days until early summer.

Thanks!

jamisonace
jamisonace
Gold is accessible but closed. I don't know the others. I'm pretty sure most lakes are accessible. We are hiking in to the erma bells with scouts in a couple weeks unless a big storm hits.

Reactions: Troutski
U
UOFan714
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to head up to that area and just hike around, maybe try in Marilyn Lakes area.

U
UOFan714
Just an update: All three lakes (Marilyn and Gold) were mostly frozen over. There were two decent rainbows chasing each other around by the Gold lake boat ramp, other than that, no signs of (aquatic) life!

J
JeannaJigs
It's amazing the lack of snow pack, my folks were at Odell this past weekend, and sent me pics, the pass is bare dirt. Bad news for water levels this summer.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Speaking of water levels, the willy is at 9.5 right now. Guess they're filling up the ponds early since the run off will be scarce this spring.