metolius

B
bigsteel
thinkin about hittin the metolius soon to hit some big trout on the fly rod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i was wondering if the lower river is better for wading and walking or is it better higher up?does it have good public access>it looks like it does on the map

J
JeannaJigs
I've only ever fished the upper river, and it was amazing, though I was throwing spinners and it was during the summer. It's pretty small water, but there's some beautiful fish in there. It's relatively accessible.

M
Mike123
Fished it once.. lovely scenery, but stinky fishing when I fished it. All I seen in there was one hugeee Bull trout!
What an awesome river though!

B
bigsteel
im always partial to the upper parts of rivers,,,,,,,sounds like i might need to be ready for a bull.....thanks jeanna and mike

M
Mike123
bigsteel said:
im always partial to the upper parts of rivers,,,,,,,sounds like i might need to be ready for a bull.....thanks jeanna and mike

Oh yea! It's known for it's huge bulls! I think maybe you just have to time it right going there.. I've heard that at times it's aweseome fishing. If I were you I'd definitely fish the upper canyon part. The stuff around the park gets soooo crowded at times. Good luck man!! Take pics! Last time I was there my camera quit working and I only got one picture... :( lol..

G
ghostcow
Careful, the upper portion above Aligahany? bridge is closed for another couple of months. Below this bridge is another mile or so of nice small river water, then it goes through a tightish canyon and picks up some flow, below the hatchery it is a much bigger river but you can still wade in certain areas if you need or want to. i didn't have any luck on my 1.5 day visit last week but I'm still in the learning stage of fly fishing.