Metolius super awesome fun time

S
steelhead1
My bud and I hiked into the "wild and scenic" section of the the Metolius last weekend for two days of nonstop fly fishing.Saturday was windy but othrewise nice,so many nice trout landed that we lost count. More in one day than all the other times I have fished there, combined! I got schooled by a monster,two minutes of heart stopping runs before he snapped my three pound tippet! Sunday was a much tougher day,I hooked three and landed one,skunks butt for my bud.Most were fooled by a special nymph, tied by mitch,at two rivers fly shop:D

Last edited by a moderator:
B
bigsteel
gorgeous fish man,,,even the dog had to get a peek:lol::lol: i can't wait to get over to the metolius and put on a fly assault good job

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish, sounds fun.

T
the_intimidator03
that last fish just looks beautiful nice work

W
Walt
Very nice!

Argh! I'm dying to get back on the water. Need... more... free time.

N
nwkiller
nice fish man very nice!!!!!!

E
everett464
Man, that is great! Is that area pretty wadeable?

M
Michael
argh!! I want to be you.

S
skunk
Nice job, thanks for reminding me that I need to get over there. Now just to make the time.

S
steelhead1
No,the river is not very wader friendly in that area.However,being able to stand a little bit off the bank is a huge advantage in brushy spots, that most pass by.But it is very cold and swift water, and slick as he#@.Not a good place to see if you can swim with waders on!

E
everett464
Gotcha... I gues I'd have to pick up a few more star-cleats 'fore I head out there.

I guess, really I was asking about bank-access, versus boat access.

H
Hawk
Beautiful Fish.

Great Job BRo...

:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool::cool:

S
steelhead1
lots and lots of bank access!