Mesh bags?

O
Outdoor_Myers
Ok so I was about to begin my brewing of tea when I had this thought..."What if I empty the tea out of the bags and use the bag to hold my bait? May it be canned tuna or eggs or what have you?" So I did and have them sitting out now, My question is has anyone tried this yet? the way I see it spend 2.50ish on 100 bags vs buying mesh. since I am not a great angler for salmon or steelhead if anyone wants to try this out and let us know how it works I would greatly appreciate it!

Josh

B
beaverfan
old pairs of tights/knee highs work very well for this and are even cheaper if you get them from your wife/gf's dresser!!!

S
SNDSLGR
Yeah but then you have to explain to your pals why your old lady smells like roe and has a heard of flys behind her, not good I am guessing. lol

troutdude
troutdude
And also have to explain to your fishing buddies, why you are into women's clothing!

:shock::shock::shock: :naughty::naughty::naughty:

B
beaverfan
Come on like you've never thought "now that color would look great on a spinner" when your wife shows you her freshly painted fingernails! LOL

F
fishtales
Which brings it up. Anybody else have nail poish in their tackle box or am I the only guy.

B
beaverfan
Sure don't but I sure DON'T blame your for packing it along! I might have to hit up the dollar store and get some cool colors!

S
SNDSLGR
Good for painting spinners and is a great low grade thread locker for reels!

G
GDBrown
fishtales said:
Which brings it up. Anybody else have nail poish in their tackle box or am I the only guy.

Been there for years! I thought it was standard issue?

GD

G
Growbug
yup nail polish has loads us uses, spinners, flies, thread on line guides, etc.. etc..
Last time i needed some I was nudging my wife in Bi Mart saying "get me some black nail polish will ya? I would feel strange buying it myself"

T
The Nothing
Going back to the original topic, they kinda work. I'm not a tea drinker, but have use coffee filters when we didn't have anything to hold some stink bait on a hook. the nylons are a better option.

D
Denn
I think anything meant for the trash can is good since it can save you some bucks.