Mepps spinners!?!

B
Bucknasty
I love em due to the options you can get them in... I dont like the price though!! Anybody know a good spot to order them besides ebay? i usually find them on cabela's for a better price...Is anyone in "the know" about where to get these steelhead slayers? Cheers Bob

G
Green_Tackle
If you're using a lot of them, you might want to try making your own spinners. It's not too hard, it's fun, and you can make a grip of them for a lot less money over time. You can also make sizes/colors/shapes that produce for your favorite spot and conditions.

B
Bucknasty
Thats exactly what i did : ) Pen-Tac fixed my problem. Cheers, bob

R
rickman
+1 on Pen-Tac.

They have the narrower "Black Fury" style blades but Pen-Tac calls the one's they sell "Dingbat Blades".

Definitely cheaper to make them yourself and it's not hard to do. Once you make them, you'll wonder why they cost so much in the stores.

B
Boo
You can go to mepps.com and custom design any mepps lure. Sure, they're a bit spendy, but with the right colors and so forth they are a fish's equivelant of crack cocaine!:D

C
ChezJfrey
And I'll also vote for the make your own, and volunteer another source: Fisherman's Shack (also online: http://www.fishermanshack.net).

I recently ordered the materials, spent some time with a pair of pliers two nights ago, and now have 40 new spinners...and still have a bunch of left-over material to make more. Cheaper for sure and if you want, I'm near positive you can make an identical copy of any spinner on the market.