Meldrum bar

P

plunkme

planning to go to meldrum bar tomorrow to check it out anyone else going out there? or have gone last weekend? might also drive by bowling alley anyone know of any activity there either?

D

Diehard

good luck tomorrow i was out there last monday useing prawns and sand shrimp from daylight until noon no luck but some people ive talked to say they start fishn arond thanks givn wk. down there probably a chance of an early fish will make it worth while for you "good luck"

F

Fishtopher

I was there yesterday. Nothing banked yesterday while I was there. Saw one bell fly, thats all. There are a few winters in the river. Just a few though. And theyre all mine!

P

plunkme

well went out this morning saw one guy carry a steelie with him probably bout 5lbs as for myself i believe i got a hit or maybe it was drift wood hitting my line either way i went home empty handed :confused: not sure how to plunk there yet so was just watching people, and how far the threw out, which was not very far at all, otherwise bout 10 rods and 1 fish that i know of was taken home

F

Fishtopher

Workin the Bar tomorrow...

Workin the Bar tomorrow...

How much weight were you using to stay down? I was droppin 8oz and it seemed to be way more than enough, but it was all I had with me. Im gonna get out tomorrow and fish it again. Gotta try all these spinners i just twisted:pray:. I might get closer to the clack though to work the spinners. :naughty:Dont want to :mad:anger:mad: the native plunkers on the bar.;):cool:

Hmm:think:...maybe I'll plunk my spinners:whistle:...

p.s. I almost got my Firebird stuck on the bar, but my supreme ninja 4wd in a 2wd skills kicked in at the last second...got lucky really...along with some funny looks!

Last edited:
P

plunkme

haha you were using 8oz? nothing close to mine i was using 14oz :lol:thats really all i have considering i usually plunk in the columbia.. those must of been your tracks i saw dug in the ground a couple inches:D id go tomorrow but i am heading to california maybe we should hook up when i come back so i dont have to sit around by myself and you can show me the ropes

B

bigdog

How much weight were you using to stay down? I was droppin 8oz and it seemed to be way more than enough, but it was all I had with me. Im gonna get out tomorrow and fish it again. Gotta try all these spinners i just twisted:pray:. I might get closer to the clack though to work the spinners. :naughty:Dont want to :mad:anger:mad: the native plunkers on the bar.;):cool:

p.s. I almost got my Firebird stuck on the bar, but my supreme ninja 4wd in a 2wd skills kicked in at the last second...got lucky really...along with some funny looks!
Whats up with you on frieday Chris?

F

FishSchooler

Plunking with spinners could work quite well... tip it with a tiny bit o prawn and make a sliding rig that has a kwikfish or something going up and down. All you have to do it take some spinner wire and twist it around a snap swiv, then slide a 1/2-1 oz egg sinker on and twist the other end around a barrel swiv. Do that 2 times. Put on a bobber stop with an 8-10 mm bead(split shot will work) ahead of it, then about 30 in below that, another stop with bead, then about 15 in below that, your weight. Clip on your spinner above the bottom stop and bead. Then cast out. Then tighten the line then clip on the second and it will slide down to the bead and wobble up and down the line. Might need some big lead to do that tho, cheers! :D