Meet and greet fly swap?

Y
Yohan
I was a participant of a few of these (called face to face swaps) when I was living in WA and they were a huge success.

Here is the deal... we meet at a pub drink a few beers (or sodas) and trade some flies, stories, etc... place to be determined (in the Portland area)

I will "host" the first one (hopefully of many)... Limit 10 people. So, tie up 9 flies (all the same pattern) to swap with everyone involved. In return you get 9 different flies.

Lets make the first one easy... tie up your favorite trout pattern (dry or wet). If you're in reply with your pattern and I'll update the thread.

Yohan: Yellow Sally
bigsteel: peacock stimulator
FishFinger:

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
im not a drinker but ide love to join in this,,maybe we could meet on a river so we could all test our pattern out?

bigsteel=peacock stimulator

F
FishFinger
Sounds like a good idea, I'd consider it.

FishFinger= no pattern selected to date

Y
Yohan
good idea Bigsteel... maybe we could do this swap like normal (through the mail) and then plan a meet and greet swap on a river this spring with a BWO and/or a march brown theme.

brandon4455
brandon4455
bigsteel said:
im not a drinker but ide love to join in this,,maybe we could meet on a river so we could all test our pattern out?

bigsteel=peacock stimulator
i could have guessed that one!! :lol:

B
bigsteel
great idea, we could do a spring theme for march browns or maybe the salmonfly hatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L
lilsalmon
sheesh...I want in on this but I guess I have to start making my own flies...hehe

lilsalmon--Elk hair caddis

H
halibuthitman
lilsalmon said:
sheesh...I want in on this but I guess I have to start making my own flies...hehe

lilsalmon--Elk hair caddis
is there any reason you couldn't just buy nine of your favorite patterns and trade them?

L
lilsalmon
Don't know.....it was said to make your own.....I am sitting here staring at a vice but I only have the materials for jigs....one day I will get started on flies....since I am laid up and can't fish...

H
halibuthitman
if you have the materials for jigs.. you are just a package of hooks away from having a fly tying set-up-

L
lilsalmon
yep...and a few more materials

F
FishFinger
halibuthitman said:
is there any reason you couldn't just buy nine of your favorite patterns and trade them?

Thats, thats, thats, crazi talk