Me carp secret hot spot ;)

U
universalfishermatt
Checked on my spot, been feeding em bread balls and ham cubes and sweet corn. They deserve a buffet :D. These guys swarm once the food hits the surface. Imma go back tomorrow since I got the day off and see how many more show up to their regular feed spot :). Counted just over 30 scattered and in groups just cruisin! IMG_20140825_150642.jpg

M
montym
I reckon this is not legal mate, you cannot chum in Oregon. You can off course buy me a beer from the fines that I have saved you :)

From the reg book:
Chumming Depositing in the water any substance, not attached to a hook, which may attract fish.

General Restrictions:
The following activities are unlawful:
13. Taking or attempting to take any fish by means of chumming, or knowingly angle with the aid of chum, except chumming is allowed
when fishing for offshore pelagic species outside of three miles from shore and only if no species other than offshore pelagic species
have been retained.

Cheers
M

U
universalfishermatt
Ahhh. Dam. Even if I wasn't planning to fish or have my pole with me? I thought it was illegal if you chum while you fish. I just wanted to feed the goldfish:sad: I guess I won't be doing that anymore! Not worth risking haha. I think this is where they go anyways, they've been here for several weeks just chillin and only threw some food twice... Must read the regs again! Beer on me! Haha

M
montym
Good Q, I thought about this before I wrote my post, probably there is no to prove that you are not planning to come back later with fishing gear. I'd rather play safe.

Seriously though, we see so many people throwing bread crumbs at the ducks, they can probably be hauled up for feeding the wildlife and chumming. I do that often with my 4 year old kid, am I risking a fine too?

U
universalfishermatt
Yea not worth giving an excuse for a cop to make his quota lol. Ive Seen people basically chum water to feed ducks and I'm sure a lot of it drops to where the fish hang. Iv seen flyers saying that now its frowned upon to feed the local wildlife with "un-nutritional" bread. Seeds, oats and grape halves are ideal. Lol crazy huh

U
universalfishermatt
Oh and just to clear things up, I don't chum while I fish or have any fishing gear with me. I know for sure that is illegal.

hobster
hobster
We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Man, that picture turned out small.

U
universalfishermatt
Excuse the poor cell phone quality Lol.

M
MikePierce170
That spot looks a lot like a location I've seen in Oregon City :)

U
universalfishermatt
:crushed: what? Nuuuuuu. Stahhhp

O
OnTheDrop
MikePierce170 said:
That spot looks a lot like a location I've seen in Oregon City :)

Yes... Def not behind any shopping center close to the Crack uh my arse...

U
universalfishermatt
Haha, I didn't think that many people fished there. I go there often since its so close rarely see any fishers, just swimmers on the other side. Fav spot to bluegill and bass and bullhead. Used to make money off the squawfish in there :D

M
MikePierce170
Sorry I gave away your spot lol

D
DrTheopolis
I wouldn't have recognized the Lagoon if you guys hadn't given it away... though it looked kinda familiar.

That's several miles down from my ultra-super-secret spot on the river in the SE part of town that no one ever fishes.

U
universalfishermatt
Just got out here, only seen a couple cruisers. Casted my homemade dough bait so we'll see if I can hook one of the giant ones I saw yesterday. :popcorn: figure the schools should be coming in closer in an hour or two lol