McKenzie Summer Steelies

M
mikeredding
Went up to the Leaburg hatchery yesterday. The summers are coming in. There were about 30 or so in the trap and several in the stream before it. I talked to a guy that landed 2 over the weekend and I saw a guy lose one while I was there. Think I will head up this evening and see if I can hook up.

M
mikeredding
Fished for a couple of unsuccessful hours today. I did see 2 fish caught next to me and another one lost.

B
Bfishin
mikeredding said:
Fished for a couple of unsuccessful hours today. I did see 2 fish caught next to me and another one lost.

Do you fish thelong flat just below that little rock jetty? And then there's shallower riffles a little more downstream? Usually whever gets that spot on those rocks does very well.

M
mikeredding
Bfishin said:
Do you fish thelong flat just below that little rock jetty? And then there's shallower riffles a little more downstream? Usually whever gets that spot on those rocks does very well.

Yes I fish the flats. Usually from the hatchery down through the flats and back up.

J
JeannaJigs
What's the water level like up there now? I haven't been up in nearly three weeks :( Hoping to go a couple days next week

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
What's the water level like up there now? I haven't been up in nearly three weeks :( Hoping to go a couple days next week

Just a tad high but pretty clear. Very fishable.

B
Bfishin
You know if they were hooking em on shrimp? I wish you could still fish those huge boulders way down stream on the same side of the river. I used to do pretty well there before the a$$ hole that owns it kicked everyone off. That guy used to come down to the river completely naked hootin and hollarin tellin ya to leave. I mean stark naked. What a weirdo...:lol:

J
JeannaJigs
lol wow. Never had the pleasure of that scene (Thankkkkkkk god). Did have a similiar experience though with some drunk naked hippies up at deer creek....This was before I knew there were hot springs up there. Scratched that stretch of river off my fishing list.

I want to get up the river tuesday and give it a go, I've been a jig tying fiend and want to put a few on my tag with home tied gear. Surely the water level's come down since the last time I was up there, I'm sure it's still up, but it's always crystal clear. Pretty sure I have to work, but I'm going to try to take off early and fish it in the afternoon/evening. I'd go up there this weekend but Odell is calling.