Mckenzie River

F

Fish Dawgs

I went down to the Mckenzie river in late fall with no luck. Probably because the river was already too high.

If you have any info on the river let me know
thanks

W

wrestlerstud32

i have been fishing there all my life. probably the best place to bait fish is off the shores of carmen or smith resivoir. they are about 20-30 minutes past McKenzie Bridge. if you are into fly fishing then you can fish pretty much any where on the river. or if you have a float tube than you can hed up about an hour past Mckenzie Bridge to clear lake and fly fish that (though it is catch and release there).

F

Fish Dawgs

When is the best time for fly fishing?

W

wrestlerstud32

well probably in the summer time when the bugs start to hatch. last year it wasn't really good because the river was so high

Troutski

Troutski

March Browns...

March Browns...

When is the best time for fly fishing?

March browns are hatching now in the late morning and early afternoon. That is if you like dry fly angling;). I would try the section between Harvest lane and I-5, maybe trail a wet behind the dry...

Chuck

W

wrestlerstud32

i just fish from about paradise through the finn rock grill. i like to fish dry fly by shore and a little bit of wet fly on a boat

J

JeannaJigs

I love this river system, however, I only really fish it for steelhead during the summer through the end of October. I do fish carmen and smith reservoirs, and clear lake during the summer for those brain damaged hatchery trout to toss on the grill with my 'toon with great success, and clear lake has some nice brookies in it too (or it used to anyways). Used to fish below leaburg to greenwood for 'nooks, but..well...that fishery basically doesn't exist anymore, so scratch that this year.

O

Outdrsmn

Some of the best fly fishing is now...a lot of nates. and here soon green caddis will be coming off..another favorite.

Top Bottom