McKenzie River fun...

M
Mokai
Went out on the McKenzie today about 11:00..MB's were starting to pop around 12- 12:30..Water was im great shape and the weather was nice too..
Water temp...
DSC_1630.jpg

Saw some other fisherman but they were building a house with a view and left the fishing to me..
DSC_1599.jpg
DSC_1608.jpg

Caught a bunch of nice rainbows on MB dries and a few on emerger's..
DSC_1624.jpg
DSC_1627.jpg

Had some lunch and this was my view..
DSC_1628.jpg

Had a good time and then I saw the mother of all hail storms coming in so I bolted for the boat ramp..Just beat the storm and glad I did because it dumped about 3 inches of hail..

H
Hanapaa
Nice report and beautiful pics, as is the norm from Mokai. Great job catching those fish too.

Admin
Admin
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I have a looooot of questions. How come fish don't bite at JCP because the water is too cold and fish bite at McKenzie River with the same water temperature? What did you use? If fly - what fly? Where at McKenzie River where you fishing?

C
chris61182
Anatoliy said:
I have a looooot of questions. How come fish don't bite at JCP because the water is too cold and fish bite at McKenzie River with the same water temperature?

I've been sort of wondering the same thing, where I could just about be guaranteed to catch fish at GP and mean while Hagg is warmer and people are saying it's too cold.

The best I can come up with is that stocked fish don't respond well to the cold, where as the fish in the body of water have more or less become acclimated.

M
Mokai
Thanks guys..

I was using what they call March Brown May Flies.. They hatch in the afternoons this time of year and the fish go nuts on them..I was on the Springfield stretch of the river in my boat..

Here are the flies I was using..
March Brown Dry Fly
DSC_0296-crop-600x400.jpg

March Brown Emerger Fly
Softy.jpg

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Nice flies, is that black antron on the wrap of the emerger? What is it wrapped over, a trimmed down hackle? That looks nice...

M
Mokai
The body of the emerger is grey Uni-Yarn and then I palmer a brown hackle and trim it short..Its a killer pattern..

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I'll be hitting my bench first thing tomorrow... Off topic, what is the power supply of your fish finder? I plan to buy one when my house sells, but I don't want to pack around a huge battery. I row...

Troutski
Troutski
Nicely done Mokai

Nicely done Mokai

You do have a nack with that camera of yours....excellent shots, and the fish weren't bad either.. You deffinetly have the right magic carpet for this area.....I am so much envous of you;)

Chuck

Admin
Admin
By the way what camera do you use Mokai? I'm thinking about my old camera replacement. What would you suggest? (Of course I want something cheap but good :lol: Why everything that cheap is bad in this world? And why everything that good is expensive? :confused:). :lol:

Wilsonriverfisher
Wilsonriverfisher
Reel nice fish:clap: It looks like you had a blast nice flys too:clap:

Admin
Admin
I use a Nikon D300 DSLR with an assortment of lenses..It definatly not cheap but a great camera..
Well, it is definatly a great camera, and no doubt it is not cheap... It costs as 10 my cameras :lol:

F
FishFinger
bump