Mciver report

K
koboabe
I was up at Mciver yesterday.
started below Dog Creek and walked my way up to the dam tossing spinners and drifting eggs.
I was there from 6:30 till sundown.
first time I have ever had the Dog Creek by myself. (I should have aborted when I saw it was empty)

only folks I saw were a couple people fishing in the rapids just below the upper boat ramp and a fly fisherman just above the ramp.

lots of active fish, but sadly they were all tiny.
caught a few trout, but nothing exciting.

didn't see any large fish.

went down just below Carver and ended up catching a small (7in) rainbow and decided to call it a day.

I like fishing on the Clac, but there doesn't seem to be that many fish in the system yet.

nothing compared to the Kalama...

B
bigdog
Well don't give up the summer steel head run on the clack wasn't really that big this year.

K
koboabe
Sadly I have spent too many days being skunked to give up now
spent a lil cash too haha

I was getting a bit discouraged, but then I caught a fish a few weeks back and it sucked me back in

hoping my first attempt at the winter run will produce more then the summer did

B
bigdog
Don't shoot for the winter runs yet these runs aren't over the ho's are making their way in.

D
drifter
bigdog said:
Don't shoot for the winter runs yet these runs aren't over the ho's are making their way in.

i dont like the combat fishing for cohos so last year waited till the fish were all pushed up and killed at mciver by the creek.. atleast 6 fish days in 3 to 4 hours.. but that was last year.. but imma give it a try this year too..

S
sirsnagalot
I was at McIver yesterday didn't have much luck either, I hooked 1 but lost it and then I pulled up 10lbs of line and gear... not 10lb line but 10lbs of it. I think i cleaned out the river or atleast the area in front of dog creek.