Maybe others will learn from my mistake

B
BigShug
A couple nights ago I was nearly asleep when my wife asked me this hypothetical question. She asked, "If I died would you get remarried?"

I quickly said yes. I wasn't really thinking. I was tired.

She wasn't happy with my reply or how little I had to think about it. So, I did some backpeddling and wiggled out of it by telling her that the kids have been spoiled having such a wonderful mom that they'd need someone, even if that person didn't compare to her.

Just when I thought I was going to escape, here comes another hypothetical question. She asks, "Would you let her drive my car?" Strike two...I said yes right away. Again I had to explain myself by saying it'd be awkward to be married to someone and not let them drive your car. She sort of bought it.

A full minute at least of silence, but I can feel that I'd not be lucky enough to have this conversation mercifully end. Sure enough, with cutting sarcasm she asks, "Well, (pause) would you sleep with her in our bed?" I'm feeling at this point that I cannot win no matter what I say, but you'd think I would've learned by now. She says, "How could you?" This is going south in a hurry. She's both emotional and p.o.'d at this point. I said, "Honey, you know I would want to keep our bed. I'd be married to this person. We'd share a bed...." I could tell she wasn't real happy, but I did the best I could to get out of the dog house.

I'm almost asleep again when, you guessed it, "I suppose you'd let her use my fishing pole too?!"

I said, "NO!" "Now would you just go to sleep already."

She said, "I don't get it." "You'd sleep with her in our bed and let her drive my car........but you wouldn't let her use my fishing pole?" "Why not?"

I grabbed my pillow and started heading downstairs for the couch. She said, "I'm waiting. Why wouldn't you let her use my fishing pole?"

"Because she reels left handed!"

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Got me

Got me

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance: :dance:
You had me for a while there. Very good.
Barb

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
haha!

H
Hawk
har.har.har...................good'UN..............................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

N
ninja2010
woohoo! that's a hoot. luv it!

J
joesnuffy
Lmao!