Masoli is dismissed

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Did you read or hear about Masoli being booted for not complying to the terms of Coach Kelly set?? He was cited for less than one ounce of pot,driving while suspended and not stopping at a driveway or sidewalk. So,who will be the quarter back next year? Will this effect Fantasy Football as we know it?

B

bigsteel

yea i just saw that,,,,what a shame he just lost out on a lot of money and a good career...

S

Swamp Puppy

spread option QB's do not do well in the NFL anyway. Masoli was good for the ducks, but they will find another skinny guy with speed to run the ball anyway. good riddance to bad baggage IMHO.

T

The Tightest Line

See Ya Thug!!!! Great talent wasted. Some people can't grow up.

M

metalfisher76

spread option QB's do not do well in the NFL anyway. Masoli was good for the ducks, but they will find another skinny guy with speed to run the ball anyway. good riddance to bad baggage IMHO.

Exactly! not that some team wouldn`t of drafted him though. So he did blow a decent paycheck to smoke a bowl of the wacky tobaccy, just dumb!

C

cookshot

I was at the first Boise state game they played at Autzen and at the end they put in a kid named Darren Thomas. He was dynamite. Scored 24 points in the 4th quarter almost bringing the Ducks back. I always wondered why they didn't ever put him in again. Here's his chance I hope. I have faith in my ducks! Get those hoodlums out of there! I think chip is doing a good job. Came in at a rough time and I think he's doing pretty well.

T

the_intimidator03

he wouldnt be the first oregon football player to ruin a career on bad choices.... anyone remember ontario smith?

F

fishkiller

Darron Thomas was in the passengers seat, when Masoli was stopped. C-ya sucker. Hey uncle Phil buy us a new QB.

T

TTFishon

That's total BS!!!! They should've made an example out of him!!!! A **** poor example for our youth!!!!

J

JeannaJigs

I hate this football program...the uo athletics department needs to step back and look at all the backwards as$ things they're doing and do something about it...but their heads are so far up phil knight's rear reaching for his wallet...it'll never happen.

T

TTFishon

I hate this football program...the uo athletics department needs to step back and look at all the backwards as$ things they're doing and do something about it...but their heads are so far up phil knight's rear reaching for his wallet...it'll never happen.

Hey Jeanna, the UO has nothing to do with it now. I think he wants to play for Mississippi and it's the NCAA that wants to deny or allow him.( I think it's the NCAA someone will correct me if I'm wrong)

J

JeannaJigs

ahhh gotcha....i have made a point to not pay attention to the topic, so my bad...... the program is still screwed though...but i'll save that for another day :)

Hey Jeanna, the UO has nothing to do with it now. I think he wants to play for Mississippi and it's the NCAA that wants to deny or allow him.( I think it's the NCAA someone will correct me if I'm wrong)

T

TTFishon

ahhh gotcha....i have made a point to not pay attention to the topic, so my bad...... the program is still screwed though...but i'll save that for another day :)

That's how I feel too. Too much money involved! Luckily some people will be entertaining themselves at games while we are fishing. lol

J

JeannaJigs

Yes, in that regard, I wish the damn football season went all year! it at least gets a few people off the rivers :) lol

C

cookshot

I'll be the duck guy. GO ducks! I think chip is a good coach, even though for whatever reason he can't seem to keep some of these losers straightened out like Belotti could. I think he has made some examples out of people, and I think that the discipline stuff will straighten itself out. If it keeps going on, I'll eat my words about chip.
As far as the NCAA thing goes, I agree with all of you, Masoli should not be playing football. Period. But as far as I understand they never disqualified him, nor reinstated him to college football. He kinda slipped through an NCAA loophole that seems like it is meant to benefit academics over athletics. Basically, he graduated with a degree (not sure in what) in three years (apparently he's not a total moron). NCAA rules state that a senior, or degree recipient can transfer to any other school without penalty (where transfers usually sit a year) that has a graduate program that his or her school doesn't have. The idea being a kid who got a degree in pre med doesn't have to sit a season for transferring somewhere he could get his MD. So I don't think anyone actually dropped the ball, just a loophole that a moron figured out how to jump through. To be clear, I'm not sticking up for him at all, I think he is an idiot for the repeated mistakes he has made, and hope he crashes and burns at Ole miss.

GO DUCKS!!!

T

the_intimidator03

I'll be the duck guy. GO ducks! I think chip is a good coach, even though for whatever reason he can't seem to keep some of these losers straightened out like Belotti could. I think he has made some examples out of people, and I think that the discipline stuff will straighten itself out. If it keeps going on, I'll eat my words about chip.

well i may regret posting this we shall see. from my personal experiences with chip kelly, i can see why there was so much trouble/drama in the off season. i do believe that the coaches mental outlook on things transfers to those around him. by him being head coach/leader i think a lot of the team just followed on his mindset

I am not saying chip isn't a good coach cause he is. i just think that from personal experience with him, that gives him sorta of a big headed self image, and the team just feeds off it.

its my personal opinion as such we all have our. i may be wrong and probably am. may a great season lay ahead and a great off season to prove me wrong