Mary's River

O
OBP Turtle 33
How good is this for fly fishing? Or I guess any other type of bait lol

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Depends on where you go. You looking for smallies? There is great fishing for them around Avery Park and further up river.

C
chris61182
The Mary's is also full of pikeminnow along with the occasional largemouth from Avery on down to the mouth.

O
OBP Turtle 33
Avery is southtown Corvallis right? I am well geared for bass and will check it out it for sure. Are there any good areas to fly fish for trout within half hour to an hour of Corvallis?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Yeah Avery is in southtown. The one with the train the kids play on. Get on Google maps or Google Earth and check out the lower Santiam, upper Marys, upper Calipooia, not sure how far up the Luckiamutte you can fish... There are several other a little further out. There is a fly shop in Albany you should call he can help you out.

W
watchout trout
Years ago I used to stop under the bridge accross from the Blodget store on highway 20 on my way back from the upper Siletz. Caught lots of 9-12 inch cutties on a no. 3 blue fox with a silver blade. Never fly fished it though. Have fun! wt

O
OBP Turtle 33
Yeah I talked to the guy in the new Fly Shop in Corvallis he basically said the Kenzie or bust but I dont want to make that trip.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Fly shop in Corvallis!?!?! Where at? What's the name of the owner?

O
OBP Turtle 33
Its across from Fred Meyer by the craft store I can't remember his name but a very nice little shop I will go back

Bass Man
Bass Man
Info on Corvallis Fly Shop

Info on Corvallis Fly Shop

OBP Turtle 33 said:
Its across from Fred Meyer by the craft store I can't remember his name but a very nice little shop I will go back

It's called BackCountry Fly Shop...

Last edited:
S
simpsoti
Is there any spots out there with decent access? Everywhere I have seen Mary's it looks pretty overgrown

O
OBP Turtle 33
I went today and didn't catch anything the water was really brown and there wasn't much access at all from the park.