Marion Lake

M

Metz84

Went fishing with my brother at Marion on fathers day and caught 3 brooks and 4 what Im thinking were purple brook trout. The weather was perfect 45 and raining :cool:. We were using gold kastmasters. Their were a few groups of people but not as much as I thought because they stock it on fathers day. Usually there are a lot of people on fathers day. But over all it was a great trip! I would do it again!

3-1.jpg

SANY0032.jpg

SANY0031.jpg

SANY0025.jpg

T

troutramp

that looks awesome where is marion lake?

M

Metz84

Marion Lake is off of hwy 22 in between hwy post 66 and 67 turn left on Marion Creek Road and travel up the road to the trailhead and hike 2 miles or so to the lake.

M

Metz84

My brother and I are heading back to Marion Lake Friday again. Plan on being up there all day fishing the eastern side. Havent fished that side, fished mostly the marion creek outlet and have been very successful.

M

Metz84

We had to postpone our trip till next friday cause work called in. What can I say money talks..:cool:

B

bigfootfish

My brother and I are heading back to Marion Lake Friday again. Plan on being up there all day fishing the eastern side. Havent fished that side, fished mostly the marion creek outlet and have been very successful.

Metz84, Marion is a jewel. Lake Ann to your left as you are going in to Marion has some nice brookies in it. And Marion, well! Here's a post I made awhile back about Marion:

Marion Lake
What's really cool is to be at Marion Lake when the local tree pollen is covering the lake. Fish won't rise for flies during this time. However, if you pack in a floatable then head for the part of the lake which has an underwater spring. The water wells up creating a clear spot as it pushes aside the pollen. Fish that clear spot and prepare for active fishing!

BFF

M

Metz84

Yeah I've seen that post before, but thanks for the advice. Not sure when we will head back up their. Work has really picked up, which is a good thing.

Top Bottom