March 23, 2010

J
joel.fish
This is my first post to the forum.

Went out to Junction City Pond for the first time on the way home from Eugene to check it out for a couple hours. I was there from about 10 to after 12. I didn't get a bite at all. I was fishing the left side (if you are standing in the parking lot). I only saw one guy get a fish in that time over on the dock. The birds were eating the fish like crazy though. Pretty nice pond, even if I got skunked. I will probably try it again if I am ever going through Junction City again.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the family...

Welcome to the family...

Welcome to the forum family,joel. We are always excited to welcome new members. Are you located in the Eugene area? Do you target other fish beside trout? Whichever one you favor as a target,good fishing to you!

B
BlackBass
This time of year the fishing is realy good in the back corner next to the highway. I would fish bobber and worm with no weight. you will catch a lot of bluegill and crappie but there will be some rainbows cuts and brookies in the mix. Trust me i did this for years when i was a kid. This time of year the fish hang out in the cooler water, the trees in the corner shade the lake and the fish relate to wood structure. Ah the memorys. I have noticed one difference from the years i fished there, i dont ever recall seeing any birds eating fish. Looks like the predatory birds are hip to the game. Remember if there catching fish then there going to be shallow cruising the banks.

J
joel.fish
Raincatcher said:
Welcome to the forum family,joel. We are always excited to welcome new members. Are you located in the Eugene area? Do you target other fish beside trout? Whichever one you favor as a target,good fishing to you!

Thanks for the welcome.

I am just starting out fishing and I only have a small rod for pond and lake fishing. I am located in Newberg. I would like to get into fishing rivers next year but for now I am practicing on the lakes on ponds.

G
grampa ron
Some kind of effort needs to be made to scare the Cormorants away from the JC Pond. I think some RC Boats would do the job. If you have or know anyone that has one bring it out and try it.

troutdude
troutdude
Hey Joel,

You may want to look into Huddleston Pond in Willamina and the Sheridan Pond (next to the Federal Penn.). They are stocked regulary with trout and still may hold some big brooders from the Winter stockings.

And, they are both fairly close to Newberg.

Don't forget about Hagg Lake too. It has brooders in it that are up to 18 pounds!

Welcome to OFF!