Man this is so killing me right now I feel like I'm going to blow up!

R

rippin fish lips

Stuck working on a nice day when its opening trout season, and the trout are going NUTZ right now, and the steelhead are around. Idk how im going to get though this work day seein all these drift boats coming into the parking lot!!!

S

skunk

I feel for you man, that river was really treating me good the last two thurs/fridays. Got my early season trout fix in just fine.

F

fishyden

Don't feel to bad man. I started at 7am and by 8am there were to many people fishing around me. I expected it to be a little busy but holy cow!!! Still managed 3 trout one native bow around 14inches one pellethead and a nice cutt felt a lot bigger than what he was.

S

skunk

Does the whole length of that river get a lot of pressure? Or just closer to town?

F

fishyden

Lots of pressure throughout but the closer you get to town it gets worse. If you like some solituded suggest the middle of the week.

troutdude

troutdude

I figured everything would be heavily pressured everywhere, not just on the Mac. It's really the first nice weather too...so EVERYONE wants to bust out of their caves!

So, I got stuff done around the house today. Tomorrow? A private stretch of river all to myself, with some crappie, cutts, and smallies to chase!

Glad you got some feesh, before you got squeezed out!!!

F

fishyden

It was nice I have a nice red tan to prove it. Good luck tommorow.

C

catchemfish

I went to the lower Mak, hayden bridge area, just shore fishing. Only had less then a couple hrs but still managed some ok trout. There was TONS of ppl out today. Saw bout 10 drift boats go by in the 90 minutes I was there, not to mention the hordes of shore fisher ppl targeting trout. the river looked really nice, unfortunately I wont b able to fish again for a while. Its one of the worst feelings not having the time to go fishing!!

R

rippin fish lips

so i had 30 mins to get a line in the water b 4 work.. so what did i do? went down to harvest boat ramp anc caugh 2 trout and watched a 30 inch sorehead steelie follow my lure, glad to see a real big fish down there for once.

Those 2 fish made all the difference in my day of work :p also this sorehead was having the time of its life, it was sore on almost alll its body, w/e that fungi is called? But it was having the time of its life with all the lil "dudeS" (trout) jumpin for bugs and and doin laps around the boat ramp lol

Top Bottom