Making Up for Sunday

G
GoDucks1
After losing the first steelhead I hooked into on Sunday, I decided to take advantage of not having any classes today and go fishing. I started at Whittaker but only spent about 20 minutes there. I then drove Old Stagecoach because I'd never seen it before and felt like exploring. Stopped once along the road and fished for about 15 minutes in the shadow of a railroad bride. After donating some gear to that particular stretch of water, I continued on and ended up at, is it Konnie Memorial fishing area?

Anyways, not more than ten minutes after arriving I've got a fish on. I banked him after about 5 minutes, took a picture, and sent him on his way (native obviously). I'll try to get that picture up later. I also pulled in a dinky rainbow, what I believe was a cutthroat, and an ugly ass sucker fish (decent fight though). All in all, a good day on the river.

J
JeannaJigs
Right on, I fish stagecoach religiously, I'll be out there tomorrow afternoon after I get off work. Konnie Memorial, HAHA gotta love it. That place is so crummy since the flood 15 years ago, but the fishing is consistently awesome. Was it up at the horn or down near the ramp? Gotta love that sign that says "Your license and fee dollars at work" LOL I'd like to know what they're working on. 42 potholes, pit toilets that have been grown over in brush for 15 years with nature created "sky lights" where the roof has completely rotted out, and a table that no longer resembles a table, not to mention the fishing platform that washed away completely except for the posts and plastic post holders. I really wish they would clean that place up, since we pay almost 50 bucks for tags to fish there.

Good job on the fish, good luck catching more! Hopefully I'll get something tomorrow :)

N
ninja2010
GoDucks1 said:
After losing the first steelhead I hooked into on Sunday, I decided to take advantage of not having any classes today and go fishing. I started at Whittaker but only spent about 20 minutes there. I then drove Old Stagecoach because I'd never seen it before and felt like exploring. Stopped once along the road and fished for about 15 minutes in the shadow of a railroad bride. After donating some gear to that particular stretch of water, I continued on and ended up at, is it Konnie Memorial fishing area?

Anyways, not more than ten minutes after arriving I've got a fish on. I banked him after about 5 minutes, took a picture, and sent him on his way (native obviously). I'll try to get that picture up later. I also pulled in a dinky rainbow, what I believe was a cutthroat, and an ugly ass sucker fish (decent fight though). All in all, a good day on the river.

right on... revenge is sweet.

let's see the pix.

M
metalmania
Good job on gettin into the fish it sounds like your gettin the hang of the steelhead game. Good luck and tight lines.

N
nw5785
I am heading out their sunday, maybe ill see some of u around ill be in the white acura suv.

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah I think it's gonna be pretty busy out there on Sunday but I plan on going out tomorrow afternoon and then probably Sunday too, since it's supposed to continue dropping and I work the good ol' 9-5 during the week. So i'll be out there somewhere myself in my quest to put an end to the teasing those fish put me through last weekend.

F
fishSlayer1
what were u using?

G
GoDucks1
Guide's Choice roe from Bi-Mart, #4 red Owners, and an orange little corky.

F
FishSchooler
Oh your lucky to get one on that "guides choice" stuff. I hated it. All gooey and mushy and it wont stay on the hook

J
JeannaJigs
FishSchooler said:
Oh your lucky to get one on that "guides choice" stuff. I hated it. All gooey and mushy and it wont stay on the hook
There's two different types of guides choice, the stuff at joes is gooey nastyness that isn't even good for spawn sacs, but the stuff i've got from bimart has been decent, it's not really gooey and the eggs are pretty large and not all squished to smytherines status.

G
GoDucks1
JeannaJigs said:
There's two different types of guides choice, the stuff at joes is gooey nastyness that isn't even good for spawn sacs, but the stuff i've got from bimart has been decent, it's not really gooey and the eggs are pretty large and not all squished to smytherines status.

What she said. I've tried both. The stuff at Joe's isn't worth your time.

M
meluvtrout
Thanks for sharing the pics...

J
JeannaJigs
That's a beautimus hen. I was there this morning without any luck, had a couple take downs but no hook ups. Got some nice trout further up at the indiola hole but otherwise was a slow day, but the weather wasn't too terrible.

F
FishSchooler
Oh, there's two types, I was gonna say :what? you got a fish on that slop? :lol: First time I tried it was also the last time I tried it. Stuff wouldnt even last a cast...

N
nw5785
I was up there exploring today but had no luck :( learned the area though, went down old stagecoach road about 4 miles and stopped at a spot for about an hour and thought i would go explore some more, so i went back up to the whitaker creek area and hit up a spot for 3 hours but again no luck. Saw plenty ppl fishing from the bank and in boats, i will be back up there next weekend though knowing the area a little better i can focus on fishing :)

Nice fish btw!

J
JeannaJigs
nw5785 said:
I was up there exploring today but had no luck :( learned the area though, went down old stagecoach road about 4 miles and stopped at a spot for about an hour and thought i would go explore some more, so i went back up to the whitaker creek area and hit up a spot for 3 hours but again no luck. Saw plenty ppl fishing from the bank and in boats, i will be back up there next weekend though knowing the area a little better i can focus on fishing :)

Nice fish btw!
Therre's a real nice spot right after MP 5 on stagecoach if you're heading in the downstream direction, It's got a little bit of everything, you can throw spinners, float a jig or roe, pull a plug with a side planer, whatever you want it's do-able. Whittaker was a mad house today, I didn't want to deal with it so I spent the day on lake creek, which has wayyy better color.