Make your own aero jig tails

S
steelhead1
I figured out how to make the aero tails that have been very productive for me in the past few seasons.I dont know if this is something everyone knows how to do,but if there is any interest,I will post a vid on how to do it:D It is also a cool technique to adapt to flies and mini jigs for trout.

• DSC00074.jpg
  • DSC00072.jpg
  • DSC00073.jpg
J
JeannaJigs
steelhead1 said:
I figured out how to make the aero tails that have been very productive for me in the past few seasons.I dont know if this is something everyone knows how to do,but if there is any interest,I will post a vid on how to do it:D It is also a cool technique to adapt to flies and mini jigs for trout.

super quick and easy! Love aerojigs but they tie them on crappy hooks, so I tore one apart a couple years ago and figured it out and started tying them on owners, no more bent or broken hooks. About as inexpensive as a jig can get.

F
fishing_mission
Lets see it!!!!! :D

W
waco
I'm interested!

W
whammond
Interested!

S
steelhead1
ok,got the vid done just gotta figure out you tube

J
jawjacker
Hawken Industries is gona be pissed at you thanks for the post. I love those tails but hate the weak hooks. Who ever takes advantage of your little video is gona catch more fish for sure if they like throwing jigs.

I
I <3 <><
Thanks so much!

F
fish_4_all
So easy, never fished them but I will be trying that tie soon. That's gonna be awesome to tie with some Marabou for fall salmon. Love the video, very well done, thank you.

I tried doing it a few years ago by wrapping hackle on many things and it never worked. This will be so much easier.

R
radiation
I caught a 5 1/2 pound steelhead on one that looked like the red and black one you made. I'm going to be making my own now. Thanks. You rock!