Made the switch!

M
metalfisher76
Hit the Sandy for my first time this season. YES!, I can catch fish in other streams than the crick!:lol::D Took way too long though. Like 7 minutes or somethin :rolleyes:
3172010005.jpg
Pink worm is cheating though so I threw a spinner for a few. Dad watched one chase a fishtopher special, but they did not strike it today :wall: Back to the worm, WHAMMO! This one had the audacity to spit the hook after a great jump and fight. I`m :cool: with an LDR, it was native as well. So here`s a close up of the one I banked.
3172010004-1.jpg

T
Troutier Bassier
Holy! Not with a fly rod either! good job! You will recover soon. :cool:

M
metalfisher76
Troutier Bassier said:
Holy! Not with a fly rod either! good job! You will recover soon. :cool:
:lol:

A
Anyfishisfine
That settles it. I'm hitting the Sandy tomorrow.

F
FishAssassin
Nice fish Metalfisher! Hey where do you get those cotton gloves at?

O
Outdoor_Myers
why the glove?

E
eggs
I will be on the river tomorrow from about 4 til dark.. people who know will know where I will be!

G
GDBrown
Outdoor_Myers said:
why the glove?

The Glove make it less stressful on the fish. It actually removes less of the slim that protects the fish from diseases. It is easier to hold onto the fish so you don't need to squeeze as hard!

Good job Metalfisher! Glad you had a cameraman there to take the pics. I wish I could be there tomorrow but alas I am getting strong enough that I am working again after being OFF due to hand surgery.

GD

M
metalmania
That's a beauty, nice work:D.

Y
youngbuck307
GDBrown said:
The Glove make it less stressful on the fish. It actually removes less of the slim that protects the fish from diseases. It is easier to hold onto the fish so you don't need to squeeze as hard!

Good job Metalfisher! Glad you had a cameraman there to take the pics. I wish I could be there tomorrow but alas I am getting strong enough that I am working again after being OFF due to hand surgery.

GD

see white gloves in my pic with the nate nook. Same reason i put them on for that fish...

M
metalfisher76
Outdoor_Myers said:
why the glove?

It`s waaaaay funner, it`s waaaay easier, it`s not as hard on the fish, I don`t have to pack a lame ass net around from hole to hole. Cotton all the way. I don`t like nets, gill or otherwise. When I get my drifter I`ll even look for a pull over spot to do that. I`ll have a knotless, just incase but...... nets suck!

M
metalfisher76
eggs said:
I will be on the river tomorrow from about 4 til dark.. people who know will know where I will be!

You bankin it?

B
bigsteel
nice fish metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its been a good winter for you:clap::clap::clap:

M
metalfisher76
FishAssassin said:
Nice fish Metalfisher! Hey where do you get those cotton gloves at?

O hey, I pay a whole $ for `em at just about any lil store. Just another reason for the glove, CHEAP!

M
metalfisher76
GDBrown said:

GD
Thank ya! Get out there asap!

E
eggs
yep i am bankin

M
mgdguy
Beauty of a fish! :clap: The Sandy is still producing :dance:

C
Cohosanders
:DNice One:clap: I still have not pulled one out of the Sandy!!!! I better go there if I want to:D Good job on a seamless transition from crick to river:cool:

M
metalfisher76
Cohosanders said:
:DNice One:clap: I still have not pulled one out of the Sandy!!!! I better go there if I want to:D Good job on a seamless transition from crick to river:cool:

Thanx, I was stoked. Yeah man, it`s poppin off up`er!

E
eggs
hopefully I can pull one out as nice as yours minus a fin! As a note I have yet to pull a hatchery out of the Sandy this year.. they have all been natives.. i don't know if that is a good sign or just luck..