Lucky penny!!!

M

Mad dog

Find a penny, pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck! :rolleyes: What a Crock!!! :lol: Nothing was gonna salvage my day yesterday! At least I didn't fall in the river! :D So, about mid-day I'm heading up a muddy trail through the bushes and spot what looks to be a penny, I look a little closer and I see the words, one cent. I think, cool, a wheat penny! It was pretty grubby and somewhat weathered, I flip it over and start wiping the grime off of it and it turns out to be a 1905 Indian head penny! How cool is that! Damn thing still didn't bring me much luck! Lost one fish after a short fight and missed a good bite that I briefly felt the fish before the hook came free, ARGGG!!! :mad: Oh well, I've been over due for an off day! Never felt in sync all day!

My youngest with our only fish of the morning.
003-9.jpg

S

Spydeyrch

Beautiful fish there!!! Hey, was the penny heads up or tails up? If tails up, then that is where your bad luck is coming from!!! Pennies only bring good luck if they are heads up. hahahahaha, j/k. :)

But again, nice fish. Hopefully you will have better luck next time. At least, like you said, you didn't fall in!!!

-Spydey

M

Mad dog

Beautiful fish there!!! Hey, was the penny heads up or tails up? If tails up, then that is where your bad luck is coming from!!! Pennies only bring good luck if they are heads up. hahahahaha, j/k. :)

But again, nice fish. Hopefully you will have better luck next time. At least, like you said, you didn't fall in!!!

-Spydey

It was tail's up! Figures!!! :rolleyes: Never heard that part of the lucky penny saying before, should have left it laying in the mud! Probably put a hex on the rest of my fishing season! :lol:

T

Throbbit _Shane

Nice fish!!

Thats what i was saying yesterday "atleast i didn't fall in" :D

E

Eastcoastborn

I hope you released that wild fish....

F

fishingfreak

Nice job! It was that way Yesterday for me too, lost 1, fell and put a nice gash in my leg, and then I found a dime! The dime was tails up! Go figure! That is a beautiful Nate! Atleast your son had a good day!

T

Thuggin4Life

Nice fish! Never believed in the penny luck but the other day a heads down penny was given to me that was found next to the penny slot machine i was playing. walked away 300 pennies ahead.

F

fish_4_all

Find it heads down give it away for luck. Nice fish, I really need to get into at least one more up here before all the fish have done their business.

troutdude

troutdude

Not to hijack...but, I wonder if that penny is worth a lot more nowadays?

NICE fish that your kid got.

B

boomstick

It could still end up a good day it seems. I'm not a collector, but your penny could be worth $1-$2 dollars...maybe hundreds more. Just do a little homework and don't trust the guy who says it's worthless/litte and offers to buy it. lol
Indian Head Penny Values - Coin Values Table for Indian Head Pennies - Indian Head Cents

Answers.com - How much is a wheat penny worth

Here is a quick way to see what people are currently paying on Ebay;
http://shop.mobileweb.ebay.com/searchresults?cmd=SKW&kw=1905+indian+head+penny

Last edited:
brandon4455

brandon4455

Not to hijack...but, I wonder if that penny is worth a lot more nowadays?

NICE fish that your kid got.
i had a few indian heads. some sell up to five byucks... i use to be a coin junkie :lol: nice fish thats a beauty!

Top Bottom