Lucky half hitch

S
steelhead1
Hooked a couple of nice steelies today on the North(oops) south santiam. Both were taken with super long casts, on the opposite side of the river.I can't believe I landed the first one, as the jig was unhooked and the only thing keeping the fish on was a half hitch around the upper jaw!The second one wrapped me around a rock about 75 yds out,and I could feel the braided line see-sawing against it.I booked upriver and got him unsnagged,played him all the way in,when he made a huge cartwheeling jump, and spit the hook right in my face:lol:.Checking my line afterwards, I found it only took a tiny amount of pressure to snap it where it had rubbed:shock:. I love these santiam fish,they are so energetic an beautifully colored:D

• DSC01542(1).jpg
Last edited:
S
SantiamDrifter
That theres a stray south santiam fish! Best to stick to that river if you want to catch fish!

C
capblack
SantiamDrifter said:
That theres a stray south santiam fish! Best to stick to that river if you want to catch fish!

:lol::lol: lucky halfhitch? you were lucky to hook a fish at all in the north that is. id stay away from the north. theres indians, and theyre not nice!!

Y
Yohan
Beautiful fish! I love those fish from the North.... uhhhhh...... South Santiam too.

S
steelhead1
Oh jeez,my bad!Did I say NORTH Santiam?I meant south santiam......

brandon4455
brandon4455
nicely done :clap: beautiful colors

J
Johnny Southpaw
Gotta love those colorful bucks. Nice fish.