lower willy sturgeon

M
muskieguide
I am plannin on takin my boat out on the willamette below the falls for the first time. I have never ran my own boat on that section before. How deep are the anchoring spots and how deep are the holes up there? Any help is greatly appreciated.

T
thebigdog00s
Holes can be 120+ depending on where you're at. They usually come up pretty quick so its not tough to anchor and then fish the deep spots. I carry 300 feet of primary anchor rope just to be safe. Just use your fish/depth finder and be smart with your anchor, the river moves deceptively fast in some areas and can catch you off guard.

M
muskieguide
sounds great and thank you. I loaned my boat out a few days ago and now have to get my trailer welded before I put it on the raod again. someone decided to destroy my trailer with their truck or boat at the launch in WA last weekend. We were able to get my boat to a family members house before the frame snapped luckily. Im goin to have to bank it this time on the willy. I'll get adequet rope though now for when I can get it out there.

D
Denduran87
That sucks man i hope whoever borrowed it is covering your losses. I know how that goes!!

M
muskieguide
I wish. It's goin to wind up bein on me. No worries though, as long as I have it fixed in time to get my clients out muskie fishin in WA