Lovely storm

F

Finneus Polebender

Well the little storm we just had knocked over a cedar tree in my front yard and smashed the neighbors car in their driveway. Just got back from that clean up ,much other damage in the springfield area . Out here at the farm just down the road there is a 75 ft tree down root ball sticking up about ten ft . KMTR 16 Was at our neighbors in town filming will probably see all my boys and the some friends hacking the thing up with chain saws on the news tonight.

troutdude

troutdude

I saw on the evening news, that there's about 100,000 peeps w/ out power in the Portland area. It wasn't bad in Corvallis at all.

E

eggs

I haven't had power since 3:30... no clue if there is any damage around other then hearing firetucks and **** earlier..

J

Jig'n

We were caught in it while driving Cottage Grove Lorane road, man that was a spooky trip with all the trees swaying.

The funny thing is, right before we left the house I was just telling my wife what a beautiful warm day it was.:shock:

M

Mad dog

It was bad in the Roseburg area! We lost power for about 3 hrs, I have never seen the wind blow as hard as it did at my house! I Actually got the camcorder out and started filming! Lot's of thunder and lightening! :shock:

J

Jig'n

It was bad in the Roseburg area! We lost power for about 3 hrs, I have never seen the wind blow as hard as it did at my house! I Actually got the camcorder out and started filming! Lot's of thunder and lightening! :shock:

We came home to flashing clocks, my In-Laws are still without power, their just a 1/4 mile up the road.

C

capblack

it was a powerful rain in lyons, but we never lost power. its always a dangerous scenario when the ground is so saturated and we get heavy winds. stay safe!!

J

JeannaJigs

We got caught in it on the Columbia in a 12 foot boat. That was super awesome. All kindsa crap on the interstate on the drive home and a tree came down in my backyard, but no damage.

E

eggs

Still now power.. pge still hasn't made its way out here yet.... sleeping in the dark and cold tongiht

F

Finneus Polebender

Yep lots of ya in the same boat everyone ok here, just the rig got hammered . Have the daughter and hers out "they have no power" , boy it really did come out of nowhere news said it dropped 10 degrees in 15 minutes.

S

Snapper Slapper

Lightning-Rogue will not cooperate so went out 2 the Applegate round 1 P.M. thinkin I'd just get a little wet.Been killing me not able 2 fish the Rogue-hav a bunch yarnies tied up n a new bottle of Paut. nectar 2 try. .Noticed with the nectar-didn't matter wat color I used-made em all appear pinkish.Anyway...wind came up,rain turned 2 hail-started lightning-thunder..had 2 hunker down under some willows best I could.Got really cold really fast n wet. Jumped

S

Snapper Slapper

continued
outa my skin once the sound was so loud.When the lightning n thunder stopped-went back 2 fishing.Logs n branches were now coming downriver.Moss,sticks n leaves were hitting my line now n I did land 1 stickfish.Tried a bait of roe with my yarnie(kudos 2 S.S. video-double egg loop knot).Didn't get no takes today-but darn it-I got 2 go steelheading! I'm sure the barometer wasn't in my favor and I wondered how the fish were reacting 2 all the extra light and noise topside..It was quite a storm but I sure love r state,u never know...

M

Markcanby

It rained a little hard for a few here in Canby but I had now idea it was that bad everywhere else.

M

Markcanby

i always heard canby was in there own little bubble

Thats true but most the time its a fog bubble. I dont know how many times I have driven just a mile out of town to find a nice sunny.

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
For a moment I thought I was back in October 1962. A few trees came down out this way. One came across hwy 26 by shorty's Corner. That cause a traffic mess. The power went off but that worked out ok with the wood stove going. Put some sweet potatoes in a dutch oven on the stove to go along with the leg of lamb and caesar salad. It was nice dinner by candle light. The power came back on after I got the generator fired up. Tomorrow the clean up begins. ;)

E

eggs

For a moment I thought I was back in October 1962. A few trees came down out this way. One came across hwy 26 by shorty's Corner. That cause a traffic mess. The power went off but that worked out ok with the wood stove going. Put some sweet potatoes in a dutch oven on the stove to go along with the leg of lamb and caesar salad. It was nice dinner by candle light. The power came back on after I got the generator fired up. Tomorrow the clean up begins. ;)

We got power at 4am but no trees down... my parents live 2 blocks away and only lost power for 3 hours.. we were out for more than 12 hahaa

Top Bottom