Lotw fishing report

T
the salmon kid
fishing has been good latly for the kokene salmon which are spawning at the moment average fish range between 8 to 12 inches and can be caught on spinners jigs worms and an assortment of flys.

For you more avid big game anglers there is large German brown trout growing up to 15 lbs lurking in the shallows feeding on smaller fish and can be caught using rappalla plugs, jerk baits, and any lure resembling the small native fish in the lake ,(rainbows, yellow perch, small and large mouth bass, bullhead catfish, kokeny salmon,and brown trout).

rainbow trout can still be caught off the bank but most are in deeper water between 45-60ft deep they are being caught in the mornings and mostly bite off power bait and can also be caught trolling.

bass, catfish, perch are still available to be caught in the lake but due to lower water temperatures most have moved into deeper waters in the lake.

this is the current fishing report from my own success
wish you all the best of luck
come out and enjoy

Last edited:
N
Ntofishing
If I may ask... What part of the lake were the kokes spawning at???

T
the salmon kid
they are spawning all along the banks of the lake mainly at the boat ramp by the marina ,,cause they dumped small gravel there, and the they seem to schooling up there in the thousands, they are starting to turn from red to a darker green color so they are almost done spawning but they can be caught off the docks during the day but the bulk of the fish come in at nite and rite before the sun goes down,,, if you fish at night be care full with your lights or flashlight if you hit them with the light it can spook the whole school of fish out of there ,, don't worry they come back in about a half hour,,,

good luck ,, dress warm ,,catch fish

N
Ntofishing
Thanks for the info... Sounds like a great time.

T
troutmasta
Very cool. can you cast plugs from the bank to catch browns or do you have to troll for them?

T
the salmon kid
yes you can here are a couple pics of browns i got off the bank this week german1.jpggerman 3.jpg

and if you want to see the videos of these fish and many others i am uploading more on to my you tube site there is a video of a 10 lb brown me and a friend got off the docks

T
troutmasta
post a link

T
the salmon kid
sorry about that here they are plus a limit of kokes and a bass i caught in the lake

N
Ntofishing
Hey S.K. I am glad I ran into you up there. Maybe next time we will hook into a few. Keep us posted on the ice thickness.