Lot's of time!!

A
autofisher
OK, I'm not sure what kind of chaos or opinion people might have on this, but here goes.

I basically found myself coming into a lot of free time in the immediate future. Truth of the matter, I got laid off. Another truth of it, I'm not that upset. My employer and I had a disagreement on how my job should be done. End of it all, I get some long awaited vacation and a WHOLE lot of time to hit the water. I'm fairly sure that my wife is gonna get sick of me bein home real fast. So if there are any of you die hard's out there that are looking to show someone some tricks, or give me some tips for the water, drop me a line. I'm sure that I'll be able to get the time.

Oh yeah, Don't feel bad either. Somehow I don't feel so bad not having to take people's dreams or seeing the darker side of them. Kind of like having a huge weight taken off of my shoulders.

NOW LET'S GET OUT THERE AND GET SOME FISH!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Fishing Time

Fishing Time

autofisher;
I have to tell you,I think it is pretty stinky of you to get laid off and have all this "free" time just as I'm leaving for Lodi. :lol:
Seriously,I can finally exhale. I've been holding my breath for about three years now. Having you at the wrong end of a shot guy with a drunken idiot at the business end kept me awake for weeks. People aiming at you with their cars and trucks,knocking you down apartment stairs and all manner of insanity is just not good for an ol ladies ticker. Hopefully you will find a nice boring factory job or anything "un-exciting" with no adreneline rush every time you get out of your car.
I would hit Mill City ASAP or the Siletz above Moonshine...if I were going to be around...:confused:
Be safe.
Barb

M
mudslinging79
one word, camping! find a nice quiet lake, and bring your favorite rod...

A
autofisher
oh man. I don't know what I'm gonna do. All I know is that I can finally breathe easier and hopefully improve my fishing skills. A little bit of stress but it's still a huge relief

D
Drew9870
What's your favorite species to target, I know most every body of water around Salem.

If you just enjoy the thrill of hooking into something that peels off over half your spool of line, then you wouldn't mind hooking a Carp.

Carp isn't just my game, Big Fish are my game.

Maybe you want to go fling some flies at some pond Trout?
Or drift a worm along Mill Creek and hook a few trout and squawfish?
Or cast Rapalas at some Bass?

How about all in one day, because these three bodies of water are all within rock throwing distance of eachother (literally).

A
autofisher
I'm always up for anything as far as fishing goes. I've mainly only ever caught trout. I've gotten one steelhead on the santiam a couple years ago and I caught a coho out in the ocean about three years ago. Other than that, it's maybe been a couple of tiny bass or squaqfish here and there.
I much rather get my money's worth out of my fishing tags. So if there are any spots you know of and any tips that you are willing to toss out there for me, it'd be much appreciated. I just need to know lures and areas.

K
Kodiak
Congrats on the new found fishing time!!! Any time you want to hookup and crush a fish or two just holler, always looking to train new jedi.:lol: Feel free to bring your mom along whenever she wants. Sat. morning around 4:00 am at the mill city bridge would probably get you a springer, and if you are quick maybe two.

Bass Man
Bass Man
Hey autofisher,
So I just got done leaving you a message a few minutes ago on your page and I had asked you how the repo business was going and then came across this posting about you being laid off. I quickly edited my message on your page:) Anyways..sorry to hear about that but now you have plenty of time to go fishing and finish the boat. Oh and of course work on that honey do list...gotta keep the wife happy.

Last edited:
A
autofisher
Kodiak said:
Congrats on the new found fishing time!!! Any time you want to hookup and crush a fish or two just holler, always looking to train new jedi.:lol: Feel free to bring your mom along whenever she wants. Sat. morning around 4:00 am at the mill city bridge would probably get you a springer, and if you are quick maybe two.

I had planned on being up there about 6 but if I'm gonna miss out on some springers. I'll just have my friends meet me up there. Any suggestions on what I should use? I would so love to be able to hold up a springer in front of my friend's jealous faces.

J
JeannaJigs
At least you aren't too dissapointed about getting laid off, that's always a bonus.

I wish I had time to get out on the water :(

I'm going through steelhead withdrawl, hardcore.

Work is robbing me of my fix, and weekend fishing sucks, I'm not a fan of combat zones.

I don't know your area up there, but there's a lot of guys on here that fish the area religiously and can point you in the right direction for sure.

Good luck