Lot's of Dark fish!!!

M
Mad dog
Anyone else seeing lots of dark or spawned out fish? :think: Getting late in the run and this last warm dry spell seems to have turned a lot of fish here in SW Oregon. :think: I think without a significant rainfall in the next week or two, a lot of the smaller coast streams are going to be done! The fish seem to be ripening like a bunch of banana's on a hot summer day! :lol:

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
Supposed to rain up here tues and wed . Hope its a damm monsoon ! ! ! Not the best for winters this winter for sure .

D
Damon79
The Siuslaw is still puting out really bright fish. The numbers have slowed a lot, but still some very nice fish to be caught..

S
steelhead_stalkers
Yesterday the Coquille had mint bright fish even up high! ;)

M
Mad dog
steelhead_stalkers said:
Yesterday the Coquille had mint bright fish even up high! ;)

There are still good fish on the south! We fished the Coquille yesterday and 3 of us went 5 for 7, only 1 of the fish looked dark and all of the meat quality of the fish was good. We're heading out for a couple of weeks of goose hunting and plan on delivering some vaccuum sealed packs of steelhead fillets to friends and relatives! When gutted 2 of the 3 hens, although bright and full of spunk and fight had loose eggs! Those fish are going to turn fast! Hopefully march rains bring up more natives and new bright fish! Good roe under a float seemed to be the ticket in the low clear water. My oldest hooked one fish in a small 90 degree corner hole that took his float down and he didn't see it again for 10 minutes....when the fish finally broke his 6 lb leader!

008-1.jpg
Daniel with his early limt and his brothers 1st of the day.
001-10.jpg

Last edited:
C
Cohosanders
Good job guys

S
steelhead_stalkers
Sweet! Good job, I really like that river. This was our second time on it. Were you guys up high or down lower? I heard people were doing pretty good on the lower drift and the main. Our guide went 5/7 the day before we fished with him on the lower south coquille. He thought the next rain should bring in some more chrome!

M
Mad dog
We were below powers. The south probably will fish well into march but.....springers are comin' :D Plus some big natives on the Umpqua! :D And turkeys!!! And mushrooms! And, and and....I've got too many irons in the fire! :lol:

S
steelhead_stalkers
Yeah, the guy we were with told us to take some jigs up and check out the powers area. We might do that after this rain. Looks like some bright fish are to be had up that high!