Lot's of carp Rooster Rock State Park Oregon (Columbia River)

F
Fishpdx
May 30, I wanted to catch some bass and carp so came to rooster rck, The first place I came too was near the restroom and down the stairs, came there and realized there was no water bummer, like for 20-30 feet out it was shallow as maybe like 2 feet of water. So walked too the log stumps to see if I walk farther out maybe there would be more water. Still the same but saw a few 20 pounder carps roaming around. So I walked to the boat ramp since there's actually water there. Came there wishing maybe some small bass but nothing. went around to to the other docks and saw lots of carp spawning . Try catching them but no luck they don't bite anything. But sure there was a lot of them , might go there on friday to snag them. If anyone has some bow and kayak that would be the place to go. Saw about 3 groups of 20 or more carp. Don't know how long they will hang out there.

troutdude
troutdude
Umm...is "snagging" any fish legal?

Try topwater bass plugs, for the carp. I've done well, with chuggers n' poppers on the Long Tom.

F
Fishpdx
Oh yea You might be right , probably no snagging in oregon. I fished in washington and some guys were snagging and said it was legal there

F
fish4life
According to the regulations it is legal to snag carp, suckers, pikeminnow, sculpin and other nongame freshwater fish.

F
Fishpdx
Yea that's what I thought. Because I saw lot's of people snagging spawn carp in oregon.

Chromatose
Chromatose
doesn't Rooster Rock State Park have a Nudist area? Just wanted to make sure that if it still had that area, that others with family's do not go there unaware.

F
Fishpdx
Yea I think there is one but I think you have to walk through a trail or something. If you stay in the park area you'll be fine, lot's of families go there.

M
MikePierce170
Yes on the far East of the park there is a trail that leads to the "clothing optional" part. Nothing but wierdos over there. I made the mistake of dragging my kayak down there to launch once, never again. And guys, just use arrows or spears on carp. Then you won't have to worry about what bait they're biting on :)

F
Fishpdx
I agree with you mike.

T
Thejigmaster
.d