Lost Tackle box at Alton-Baker

C
Cascade
We are hoping a good hearted person is holding onto it for us. there were a lot of folks there today and one guy in particular that we see every time we are there that was fishing right next to where we parked. please ask your friends if they seen it. only 20-30 dollars worth of tackle and powerbait but is priceless to him, handed down from his Grandpa and a few Grandpa tied flies in there too.. any help appreciated.

I took a 9yo to the Canal today after school to try out his new fishing pole and catch some stocked trout. got a call that we needed to hurry home for an emergency, loaded up the car (parked along the road in between entrance to park and bridge) and got the poles in but left the tackle box on the sidewalk. :shock: did not realize until we got home :(

J
JeannaJigs
I was at the Alton baker at lunch today with a coworker, because we wanted some fresh air and it was sunny! and 2 minutes from the office I work at mon, wed, friday. We were attacked by geese and jumped back into her car as quickly as we could. We were down at the duck pond area. Hopefully someone will see your post and return it, that really sucks. I had my tacklebox stolen when I was 8 and it was devastating, and all I had was stuff I found on banks, rusty old spinners and stuff lol.

M
mikeredding
Cascade said:
We are hoping a good hearted person is holding onto it for us. there were a lot of folks there today and one guy in particular that we see every time we are there that was fishing right next to where we parked. please ask your friends if they seen it. only 20-30 dollars worth of tackle and powerbait but is priceless to him, handed down from his Grandpa and a few Grandpa tied flies in there too.. any help appreciated.

I took a 9yo to the Canal today after school to try out his new fishing pole and catch some stocked trout. got a call that we needed to hurry home for an emergency, loaded up the car (parked along the road in between entrance to park and bridge) and got the poles in but left the tackle box on the sidewalk. :shock: did not realize until we got home :(

I was just coming over here to copy your Craigslist ad and it's already here. Good luck finding your box.:pray:

S
SDK
If funds are an issue, PM me if you don't find it. I have a nice tackle box for the boy, free of charge. I should also be able to drop some bobbers, hooks and weights in there for him.

Someone stole my box when I was a kid too. I remember how upset I was. Anyway, here is a picture of it. He can have the larger one..

Scott

Reactions: mikeredding
M
mikeredding
SDK said:
If funds are an issue, PM me if you don't find it. I have a nice tackle box for the boy, free of charge. I should also be able to drop some bobbers, hooks and weights in there for him.

Someone stole my box when I was a kid too. I remember how upset I was. Anyway, here is a picture of it. He can have the larger one..

Scott

Very nice of your offer Scott. You are a stand up guy!!:clap:

18406ej
18406ej
I agree with mikeredding. Offers like this from Scott are what make OFF'ers so special.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
OFF helping hands

OFF helping hands

That is what OFF is all about! You know, I have tons of gear and never enough time to use it. I would be more than willing to share also. If we could get an address to send it, use pm or post, I bet we could fill that big tackle box in a hurry. Let us know if that seems like an approach you would be willing to take. Way to go OFF! Be safe.
Barb

S
SDK
Raincatcher said:
That is what OFF is all about! You know, I have tons of gear and never enough time to use it. I would be more than willing to share also. If we could get an address to send it, use pm or post, I bet we could fill that big tackle box in a hurry. Let us know if that seems like an approach you would be willing to take. Way to go OFF! Be safe.
Barb

If they don't find the original box and take my offer I'll let you all know here. Anyone who wants to donate to the box can PM me for my address. I'll collect it all up, take a picture and get it to them...

Scott

C
Cascade
FOUND. Thanks to an nice gentleman named David that noticed it left behind and held onto it for us. A fisherman himself he knew it would be missed and so brought it ov where he was at on the bank and waited to see if we would return, in the mean time the bite piked up and he got his limit.

Thanks to you all for your generous offers. Someone will need to utilize that all someday. As for now, there is a happy 9 year old, he says, "lets go fishing after school tomorrow.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Warm fuzzy feeling

Warm fuzzy feeling

Cascade;
That is great news! I can imagine your little guys excitement when he heard the news. He'll get his chance to pass this on at some point in his lifetime. I doubt he will forget the kindness of a stranger looking out for him. We will always have a spare tackle box full of gear for someone in need. Thanks for letting us know the happy outcome. Be safe.
Barb

M
mikeredding
Cascade said:
FOUND. Thanks to an nice gentleman named David that noticed it left behind and held onto it for us. A fisherman himself he knew it would be missed and so brought it ov where he was at on the bank and waited to see if we would return, in the mean time the bite piked up and he got his limit.

Thanks to you all for your generous offers. Someone will need to utilize that all someday. As for now, there is a happy 9 year old, he says, "lets go fishing after school tomorrow.

That is great news!:clap: And nice to know that there still are some good people in the crazy world!:lol:

S
SDK
Awesome :clap: