Lost my fishin buddy for winter steel.........

H
Herefishyfishy
Well my fishin buddy got sent out of town on a job until March.:(
Unfortunately he's the only one I've been able to pass the fishin bug onto and we spent many...many... hours chasing winters with no luck last year, this was going to be the year! If anyone want to meet up this winter and chase some chrome that would be awsome! I'm a weekend fisherman but am taking 10 days off during christmas. I really want to meet more fellow OFFers, so far I've met Autofisher, guidem and Bobberdown, all really cool peeps and look forward to meeting more of you!:D

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
On the economic bright side...at least your buddy is working! Many aren't these days. Plus, it sounds like he'll be back. And there will some late run native winters, to be had in March too.

I'm sure you will find others on here, who will want to hit the streams with you.

Good luck!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Herefishyfishy said:
Well my fishin buddy got sent out of town on a job until March.:(
Unfortunately he's the only one I've been able to pass the fishin bug onto and we spent many...many... hours chasing winters with no luck last year, this was going to be the year! If anyone want to meet up this winter and chase some chrome that would be awsome! I'm a weekend fisherman but am taking 10 days off during christmas. I really want to meet more fellow OFFers, so far I've met Autofisher, guidem and Bobberdown, all really cool peeps and look forward to meeting more of you!:D

Run searches for "open seat" ;););)

B
beaverfan
I'm down to fish with ya.

H
Herefishyfishy
beaverfan said:
I'm down to fish with ya.
That would be cool! let me know when your planning on going! Obviously Saturdays out --- GO BEAVS!!! I look forward to meeting you at the sturgeon meeting if you make it to that.

H
Herefishyfishy
troutdude said:
On the economic bright side...at least your buddy is working! Many aren't these days. Plus, it sounds like he'll be back. And there will some late run native winters, to be had in March too.

I'm sure you will find others on here, who will want to hit the streams with you.

Good luck!

You have a great point troutdude, and a great way to look at a situation!

M
mrlindeman
Chime in! :) Tigards not that far north. What places are good fore fishin up there? I used to commute to lake oswego all the time for buissiness.

H
Herefishyfishy
mrlindeman said:
Chime in! :) Tigards not that far north. What places are good fore fishin up there? I used to commute to lake oswego all the time for buissiness.

The Wilson is the closest to Tigard or I guess the Clackamas but I'm not sure about winters there. What about the Salem area?

T
Tominor
I am looking for a fishing buddy as well. I have a 16' clackacraft frequently go down the clackamas, sandy, some washington rivers. I work during the week so weekends mostly. I am taking the week before christmas off and maybe some time the week after. As soon as the river levels come down I am heading out. Want to join me?

H
Herefishyfishy
Tominor said:
I am looking for a fishing buddy as well. I have a 16' clackacraft frequently go down the clackamas, sandy, some washington rivers. I work during the week so weekends mostly. I am taking the week before christmas off and maybe some time the week after. As soon as the river levels come down I am heading out. Want to join me?

absolutely, count me in! pm me when you want to go and i will be ready and of course will split any cost! thanks!

S
slimyguts
Herefishyfishy said:
The Wilson is the closest to Tigard or I guess the Clackamas but I'm not sure about winters there. What about the Salem area?

Nestucca, 3 rivers, siletz, slamon river.......