Lost Lake???

W
waco
Have some one have been at lost lake? Im going in 2 weeks for fishing there but i dont know anything about it have you been there what you can tell me about this place?

S
SNDSLGR
I assume you mean the Lost lake towards the coast on hwy 26?

If so, its a fun place to spend the day. You have to walk to the fishing but its not far. The usual trout tactics will produce here. I like to put 2-3 powerbait eggs on a baitholder hook with a smalll egg sinker about 28" up from the hook. Keeps the kids in the fish while I throw kastmasters... they always out fish me. If you have something that floats, slow troll a black fly or a worm with no weight, deadly. Its a beutiful place and I am sure you will have fun.

C
cookshot
Awesome spot, especially to take kids to. I had success with the same set up. Chartrusse power eggs a foot or two off the bottom.

S
ShdwmnkyX
Isn't there one out by Hood river too?

W
waco
well the one im talking about is the one by hood river!

S
ShdwmnkyX
LOL, Nice. Well after a quick search I found out that Oregon has several lakes called lost lake.

Here is the sight to the one you were looking for: Lost Lake Resort & Campground | Fishing | Mt. Hood

According to that Lost Lake was stocked on May 11th. May be a while ago, but I doubt too many people have been going up there with the weather being what it has been. Furthermore it looks like it's going to be stocked again during the week of 6/21. 10 trophies and 5,666 legals.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/fishing/trout_stocking_schedules/2010/high_desert/dalles.pdf

Enjoy and good luck.

Last edited:
W
waco
thank you very much for your help!!!!

C
cookshot
I think there is something like nine lost lakes in Oregon, easy to get confused.

W
waco
yeah thats true. but the one im talking about is a camp ground by hood river have you been there?

C
cookshot
Nope, sorry. Wish I could help.

M
mgdguy
I've been there a few times in my younger life. Last time was around 7 years ago. Never had much luck... :(

O
OnTheFly
I have yet to be at Lost Lake (Mt. Hood/Hood River) when the hex hatch occurs. Hexagenia, better known as the Big Yellow Mayfly are the largest of the mayflies at 1 1/2 to 2" long! I can only imagine being on the lake slinging this huge pattern and bust'in fish right off the top with them. Typically the hatch will start late June/early July. BE THERE!