Lost Lake (lot o' pics)

T
trollin4trout
Went on Saturday- interesting road the last mile:

lostlakeroadsnow.jpg

lostlakeroadsnow2.jpg

We enjoyed the calm water for one hour when we got there.

lostlakecalm.jpg

After that we dropped the anchor to stay in one spot. The wind didn't even let up all day until about 7pm.

lostlakehood3.jpg

There's still some ice on the lake near the west shore.

lostlakeice1.jpg

We had to post a 24 hour watch to keep an eye out for the icebergs!

lostlakeice2.jpg

Actually they were kinda purdy up close.

lostlakeice3.jpg

Wished I would've had the long lens when this guy came down to grab a bite to eat. I also used auto settings on the camera when I saw him coming real fast. Wasn't that great of an idea. So the pics are what they are.

lostlakeeagle6.jpg

lostlakeeagle2.jpg

Got it!

lostlakeeagle3.jpg

Oh CRAP! No I don't!!!

lostlakeeagle4.jpg

I should'a done it right the first time! Now I gotta turn around......

lostlakeeagle5.jpg

The parting shot of Hood on the row back to the ramp.

LostLakeHood.jpg

The actual ramp and parking lot is not open yet- Not plowed- FULL of snow- campground full of snow- not plowed yet- although the plow is sitting at the entrance to the campground. Had to launch at the rental "ramp".

Oh yeah- the fishing...... not that great- caught 22-10inchers on bait and casting a rapala minnow, bingo bug and panther martin. Heard of one BIG fish caught.

Wilsonriverfisher
Wilsonriverfisher
I love pictures the bird hunting made my night and is a good closing to a hectic weekend. nice pictures and report :clap:

C
chris61182
Beautiful pictures :clap:! And thank you for the report.

L
liquidplumber
Awesome pics!Glad to here it's open!That's one of my favorite places to go.I've had days where I thanked the lord for my best fishing days i've ever had.You can catch rainbows,browns,brookies and kokanee all in the same day!There is some big fish in there also.When the fish are rising there's nothing better.I try to fish where the eagles and ospreys are fishing.They know whats up.Thanks again for the report.Some day I will have to figure out how to post pics.Good luck.

Troutski
Troutski
Great Job...

Great Job...

Nicely done Jim....great pictures, like usual... Thanks for the post, didn't look like there was another sole on the lake...

Chuck

M
Mokai
Great shots Jim..Looks like it was a great day to be out...

B
Boywhofishes
nice pics of the eagle, that is awesome!:D:D:D

D
dcspent
My friend wanted and went to go camping out there this weekend. Still looks pretty cold. Never been there but from the pictures, I will need to make a trip. thanks for the time and pics.:yay:

S
southside_10
Thanks for the great report and beautiful pics.

I had heard the the campground was still snowed in.

Peace, Tom