Lost lake (Hood) info

N
nimzrock
Greetings all, Im heading to lost lake next wednesday for a 2 week stay with my wifes very irish family. Anyway...... Have any of you fished it lately ? I see they stopped stocking a month ago.
Thanx & Tight lines to all
Nimz :cool:

O
OnTheFly
nimzrock said:
Greetings all, Im heading to lost lake next wednesday for a 2 week stay with my wifes very irish family. Anyway...... Have any of you fished it lately ? I see they stopped stocking a month ago.

I fished it on the 10th two weeks ago and did exellent.We were fly fishing on pontoon boats over on the far side of the lake opposite the store. Look for the rock slide at the far end. It's easy to spot. If you can get there, troll along the shore about thirty yards out and work your way to the north corner of the lake where you'll spot the restroom building on the trail. We used olive, or black crystal buggers and just slayed the rainbows. This was the first time on this lake for me so I don't know many other secrets. Hope you do as well as we did. Good Luck!

Also check out Lawrence Lake

L
liquidplumber
nimzrock said:

On the fly has got it down ,you can't miss with that combo if you are fishing the lost lake out of Dee.There are many lost lakes in Oregon.Bubble and fly works very well.Good luck

C
catch me kate
Lost Lake (Hood) results?

Lost Lake (Hood) results?

Hey--saw your post... we're headed out there tomorrow. We aren't fly fishers, but how were your results? Did you see any bait/lure fishermen that seemed to do well? Just thought I'd check here before we go out.

Thanks for the help!

Kate

I
I Grade
Here is my fail proof method for Lost Lake. 1/4oz slider sinker over a swivel over 24" of 4lb leader over a hook with 2 pink power eggs with glitter smothered in Pro-cure Trophy Trout gel. Go in the late afternoon/evening because the bite is best in general after the sun is hidden behind the trees a bit. I cast out into the 'blue' water beyond the 'clear' water closest to shore. Also, try to position yourself on the shore in such a way that when your weight lands on bottom your eggs float up and AWAY from you with the current. This might mean hiking a bit to get to water that has a current that is cooperative. If you have a ROW boat this lake is TOTAL cake to fish. The fish taste excellent and they are spirited fighters. I have caught only rainbows here, but my wife has taken a couple browns by drifting worms inflated a bit with a worm blower. This lake is one excellent place to get away from the inner city riff-raff, but in recent years the word has gotten out. It can be crowded on the bank, but it's still gorgeous. Good Luck!

I Grade

B
Big Hairy Dawg
It's been a few years since I fished it but what I found to be a fun way to fish is to anchore on the edge of the shallow and drop off at dusk and throw out a clear bobber and live grass hoppers. Browns feed in those shallows at night. Hoppers can be found at the west end of lake in gravel areas.
Post if you try it!
Good luck.

Big Hairy Dawg

O
OnTheFly
Big Hairy Dawg said:
It's been a few years since I fished it but what I found to be a fun way to fish is to anchore on the edge of the shallow and drop off at dusk and throw out a clear bobber and live grass hoppers. Browns feed in those shallows at night. Hoppers can be found at the west end of lake in gravel areas.
Post if you try it!
Good luck.

Big Hairy Dawg

Interesting:think: Perhaps a hooper pattern would work as well. Were are the shallows?

B
Big Hairy Dawg
From the store go around the corner toward the camp ground next to the bank and try a ant pattern and then straight across the lake is were we fished with hoppers on the back side.

Big Hairy Dawg