Lost Lake found

C
CFishRun
I found Lost Lake....and it was well worth the drive. That lake is full of fish but you've got to be selective and patient. Tons of tiny cuts but if you keep changing depths you can find a few over 8. The one in the pic was a foot or so and thick. Put up a nice fight on my seven foot UL. Caught on powerbait nugget and worm under a slip float 4.5' down. Find the 45 degree angled drop offs because that is where I was able to hook into the larger fish. All in all I probably caught close to twenty but would have had more with my fly rod I think. (can't believe I got all the way their before I noticed I had forgotten the dang fly rods- kind of a waste)

Well worth the trip and will look into camping at the Camp Site on the Nehalem.

Last edited by a moderator:
R
rainbowfisherman
Did you see any fish rise?

T
troutmasta
Lost Lake on 26? I love that place. I like to use a fly tied onto a bobber.

C
CFishRun
The only fish rising that day were of the 6" variety. Teenie Tiny little Cut runts.

I would have fished float and fly but somehow I seemed to have misplaced a dozen clear floats which I thought were in my gear bag. Discovering this at the edge of the lake is not the most ideal situation.

C
Cake
The only fish rising that day were of the 6"

I used a two wieght, six foot last time I was there.

I don't kill fish. #16 adams on a 11/2 pound tippet, I like it.

B
beaverfan
Cake said:

I don't kill fish. #16 adams on a 11/2 pound tippet, I like it.

You just brutally torture them and then release them for no reason other than to give yourself joy? There's nothing at all wrong with catching and KEEPING legal fish, especially stockers! That's why the fish are in Lost Lake to begin with. That's why the trucks that put those non native rainbows in Lost Lake have stickers that say "Stockers are Keepers!" If people stopped keeping stockers, they would pretty much stop stocking.

Last edited:
C
Cake
beaverfan said:
You just brutally torture them and then release them for no reason other than to give yourself joy? There's nothing at all wrong with catching and KEEPING legal fish, especially stockers! That's why the fish are in Lost Lake to begin with. That's why the trucks that put those non native rainbows in Lost Lake have stickers that say "Stockers are Keepers!" If people stopped keeping stockers, they would pretty much stop stocking.

Nice to see you bucketheads are still here sucking.

D
dude young
Cake said:

Twit.

C
Cake
Cake said:

You could just follow that truck around and have them fill your bucket.

Take 10 or 12 of your kids with you, don't forget their buckets, wouldn't

want them to miss out on your murderous rampage. After all, they are

there for your killing pleasure.

G
GDBrown
Be Nice!!!!

Be Nice!!!!

Cake said:
You could just follow that truck around and have them fill your bucket.

Take 10 or 12 of your kids with you, don't forget their buckets, wouldn't

want them to miss out on your murderous rampage. After all, they are

there for your killing pleasure.

Now Now Boys,
We each have our own reasons for fishing and there is no need to trash someone for why or how they fish. :rolleyes:

Cake,
The fish are put into the lakes to be caught and kept. :shock: Beaverfan is right on that point. It is not for our killing pleasure but our fishing pleasure. If you choose to release them then please use a barbless hook and do not remove them from the water when you remove the hook. It has been shown via research that fish released in this manner can be caught as many as seven times without harming the fish.

Lost lake is one of the nicer places to fish or we wouldn't go there, Right! :cool: They just put some more fish into the lake this week so let's go catch some more. I might be up there this weekend in the Little Blue Drifter. :D My prefered weapon will likely by my 4wt rod, with a San Juan worm and a wooly bugger.

GD

T
troutmasta
Caught 26 yesterday:clap: all above 10 in.;) Killed five :shock: realesed 21 :dance:used a #6 barbless gamagatsu