Lost flyrods @ Diamond Lake campground

I
ICamel49
My brother thinks he left these at Diamond Lake Campground this past week;
Sage Double Fly-rod Case with St. Croix and Albright fly-rods inside, lost 7/13-14 from "K loop" at Diamond Lake Campground. PM or post with any information.

troutdude
troutdude
ICamel49 said:
My brother thinks he left these at Diamond Lake Campground this past week;
Sage Double Fly-rod Case with St. Croix and Albright fly-rods inside, lost 7/13-14 from "K loop" at Diamond Lake Campground. PM or post with any information.

Sorry to that a fellow Philomathian has lost some rods. Bummer.

Have you emailed the lodge at Diamond? Maybe a Good Samaritan left them at the front desk.

I would also go online, and check the local newspaper(s) down there too.

Good luck.

I
ICamel49
Good suggestion regarding checking with the lodge. My brother drove up there today and did not find them in the camp site.

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. If anyone kind person turned them in...that would have been at the lodge. At least that is where I would leave them; thinking that the owner would contact them.

Hope you find them.

Oh yeah, you might check at other local lodges too like Crater Lake for example. Maybe they got dropped "off" there instead.

B
Browning
I just checked the Medford Mail Tribune & local Craigslist. Sorry to say but there's nothing in either one..

troutdude
troutdude
I'd check them at least a couple of times. And on CL, maybe use a keyword search for "Fishing" or "rod", etc.

I
ICamel49
Sometimes there is good news! My brother was able to find out the identity of the party that occupied the campsite after he left. They found his case and rods, and will be returning them to him.

M
Moe
I'm glad that got worked out, so did that party steal them or did they just not know where to drop them OFF?

troutdude
troutdude
ICamel49 said:
Sometimes there is good news! My brother was able to find out the identity of the party that occupied the campsite after he left. They found his case and rods, and will be returning them to him.

HEY...now that is REALLY COOL!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Thanks for the update. :cool:

G
Growbug
Moe said:
I'm glad that got worked out, so did that party steal them or did they just not know where to drop them OFF?

Methinks that if the party did 'steal' them, then they wouldnt have admitted to finding them or having them.

This is GREAT news that he got them back again, or at least that they are on the way!!

B
Browning
There are some good people out there still :clap:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
That's excellent news!

I
ICamel49
All's well that ends well...................my brothers case and rods/reels arrived today via FedEx. We don't know all the facts regarding the people that found and returned the rods, so lets not speculate, and just be glad that the people from Nevada who found the rods stepped up and did the right thing.