Loony question

H
hand_on_rod
Next weekend I'll be at Loon Lake and am hoping to catch some fish!
Does anyone have any advice as to where, when, what what to fish for in mid-september at Loon Lake?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

B
Bassdad54
Bass should be good

Bass should be good

Some really big bass in there and they should be getting active for the fall bite

H
hand_on_rod
Loony fish

Loony fish

Well, for anyone interested, I caught 1 nice catfish off the dock at the BLM campground, and heard the opposite side of the lake is better for cats.
There are tons off small blue gill right there by the dock at the BLM campground.
The only trout I caught were by the boueys near the marina on the opposite end from the BLM side.
Too bad there are so many tools ripping around on jetskis.
before 10AM its not too bad, but after that the speedsters are out in strong #'s, and totally inconsiderate!
Some people caught a few nice bass to the far right of the BLM dock near the downed trees.

R
rippin fish lips
hand_on_rod said:
Well, for anyone interested, I caught 1 nice catfish off the dock at the BLM campground, and heard the opposite side of the lake is better for cats.
There are tons off small blue gill right there by the dock at the BLM campground.
The only trout I caught were by the boueys near the marina on the opposite end from the BLM side.
before 10AM its not too bad, but after that the speedsters are out in strong #'s, and totally inconsiderate!
Some people caught a few nice bass to the far right of the BLM dock near the downed trees.

yes there is big bass, and a lot of bluegill! i will be heading out there this monday-friday to camp. loon lake is a good fishing lake, and yes the cats are on the opposite of the lake! the kokes and trout are around to, u just gotta know where to find them! keep this in mind for all anglers that want to fish this lake, loon lake is more of a (recreation) lake, thats why there are soo many jetskis and boats out there. IT'S ONE OF THE BEST LAKES FOR THAT KIND OF STUFF AROUND OREGON! im not tryin to sound rude or anything. its just TRUE. thats why we go there, cuz of its good calm water for wakeboarding. but i will also be fishing at 5:30 am every morning till about 9:00 am. and about 6-9 pm at night every day! ill let u know how i do!

F
fishing man
theres also some big crappie in there

H
Hawk
hand_on_rod said:

Every lake should have the RUle, 'You can only use an electric trolling Motor in this Specific Area of Lake for QUiet Fishin'.

:D:D:D

Last edited:
M
marriemb
I too was looking for that answer may be next weekend I can go there

H
Herefishyfishy
I've killed the trout there on worms and bobbers right off that dock at the BLM campgroung I believe it was September....? The problem was keeping those pesky bluegills off the hook! I never got a bite on anything but the worms for trout but I was catching smallies on spinners.

R
rippin fish lips
Herefishyfishy said:
I was catching smallies on spinners.

The smallies and largies are big here and will hit almost anything if you get it right in front of them.

B
Bassdad54
I have never seen any smallies come out of there our bass club used to have toruney there and none caught any