Lookout Res.02-16-2010

T
Thuggin4Life
Me, Kiska and TT headed up to lookout today. Fished from 10 is til 5 ish. Water temp was 45-46* and sprinkle for a bit then was warm and sunny. water was mostly glass with a breeze every once in a while making baby chop. Started ot at one end and ende up at the other skipping the middle all together. Went as far as I wanted to take the boat up in the current but could have con further. We caught a few fish and I took home my limit plus a couple of small chinook TT didn't want. And a big squaw so hopefully they don't count in the limit. TT missed a handful of fish and got a few small nooks plus a lber bow. I got a few small nooks one good nook a good bow and a lber bow and a Big a$$ NPM. Couldn't ask for better day on the water. Cleaned up the fish after my class and the NPM was still breathing, put it in a sinkful of water and is stayed stationary and just breathed until I killed it. Gonna se how one smokes up. Got a full batch of fish for the smoke. Can't wait to try the new smoker out on some fish. Man the 15 halls across the lake with 2 guys. Seen a bald eagle and ended up picking up my buddy who decided to try out the mountain bike trails. Seen some weird orange action. Almost lost a downrigger ball. Oh xltom gave me my favorite ford fender that i had lost for my birthday. Not much action out of it so I put it on the rigger about 65' down and must have wedged it into a stump and almost lost a rigger ball. 20lb mainline broke so the hook wasn't hooked since it was 8lb leader so it was the actual fender stuck. xltom also got me a salmon fly rooster tail and after a few rebends to the flashe I made it work and its only acyion was the big NPM, thanks tom. most the fish came on tomas spoons and all mine on the money one. TT had action a few different ones. Kiska loved it. liked some fish and drank the water in the bottom of the boat, must have been trying to help out with the leaky rivets. I think Huskies may be immune to the fish bug she has licked some nasty fishy stuff off the floor of the boat without getting sick. Finnally had my first double with the 2 rod deal. My camera only takes 9 pics right now so right after I got my lber TT got his so I did a double take. Enjoy the story and the pics. (still can't figure out why lookout doesn't get its own section since it gets more post than other bodies of water with there own section) TT if I left something out post it for me. oh and would love to share the pics but too hard to do it right now with new "better" software

T
TTFishon
I think you pretty much got it covered.

B
bd2cool
Good post-I didn't make it out this weekend-felt really strange not fishing and not in a good way.
Next Friday I have high hopes!
Glad to see you guys out there on the water and good deal on the 15hp- :)

T
Thuggin4Life
Here are the pics

Here are the pics

Some of the fish

T
Thuggin4Life
Some of the lake. One pic has a bald eagle in it look close. pics are in opposite order since when you download a list of pics it does it backwards.

T
Thuggin4Life
More pics. the first one of the day of the lake one on my dog and 2 of the pile of meat from the last 2 days destined for the smoker. Man i hate how frustrationg it is trying to load pics.

T
Throbbit _Shane
are u gonna smoke that gold fish thing LOL

Cool pictures man !!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah gonna smoke the squaw fish. I heard northen pikeminnow aren't bad eating since they eat like a trout they are just boney but figure why not toss it in the smoker and try one out. heard of guys getting bunches of em and smoking them.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Let me know how it taste. Iv never caught one, but once i start fishing the rogue more im sure i will.

J
JeannaJigs
Lol those things (NPM) taste terrible IMO...good luck not choking on the bones.

H
Hawk
i useem fer crawdad bait.

:lol::lol::lol:

:cool::cool:

H
Hawk
Thuggin4Life said:
Some of the fish

Beautiful pics Bro's

:clap::clap::clap:

:lol::lol::lol: