Lookout Piont

J
joeyota
Has anyone been here lately? I was there today on foot checking one of my secret spots, the water looked good. I mite try and get out there this weekend unless I find something better. I did run across an elk feeding across the way, very cool!

Good Luck, Joe

Troutski
Troutski
Hills Creek...

Hills Creek...

joeyota said:
Has anyone been here lately? I was there today on foot checking one of my secret spots, the water looked good. I mite try and get out there this weekend unless I find something better. I did run across an elk feeding across the way, very cool!

Good Luck, Joe

I am going to be at Hills Creek on Sunday, if you get a chance stop by and meet Grampa Ron and myself. Should be raining and windy - great day for fishing, not sure about the catching though. Good luck and tight lines where ever you choose to go.

Chuck

G
grampa ron
Lookout Res. Salmon and Walley

Lookout Res. Salmon and Walley

I talked to the biologist for Lookout. He says there are Chinook Salmon and Walley in the lake. The Walley are now naturally reproducing. It has to be the most under fished lake in the state and it's the biggest. I been told the 6 mile dirt road to the boat ramp, on the north side, has been paved.

T
TTFishon
grampa ron said:
I talked to the biologist for Lookout. He says there are Chinook Salmon and Walley in the lake. The Walley are now naturally reproducing. It has to be the most under fished lake in the state and it's the biggest. I been told the 6 mile dirt road to the boat ramp, on the north side, has been paved.

You mean 6 miles of the 14 mile logging road has been paved. I was bummed when they paved it to the ramp. I can see why though. It's a nice ramp. If you drive a little farther up the road there's a place that would make a great park. I think it was a park at one time but with a little TLC it could bring more people to this lake.

O
Outdrsmn
I always wondered why this lake was so under developed. It is nice having somewhere to go that is not crowded though. We fish it every once in awhile. it is a tough lakes. We also go skiing there in the summer.

T
TTFishon
I have a feeling that within the next ten to twenty years some kind of development is going to happen. I think they are starting to build houses on the backside of the lake. In one way it will be good and in another it will be bad.

M
mikeredding
TTFishon said:
I have a feeling that within the next ten to twenty years some kind of development is going to happen. I think they are starting to build houses on the backside of the lake. In one way it will be good and in another it will be bad.

Actually there have been houses there for at least 30 years that I know of.

T
TTFishon
mikeredding said:
Actually there have been houses there for at least 30 years that I know of.

I think last time I was out there I noticed a new one that I hadn't seen before.