Looking for someone to help get there first

Y
youngbuck307
So my father passed away about 6 months ago. When he was my age was on the water every chance he had. There was nothing that gave him more joy than fishing.... When I was born he gave up salmon and steel for the most part and changed to whatever would bit a worm in the willy so I could go. By the time I was old enough to start targeting them he was starting to get sick and going out of town all he time. Was able to take me out a few times show me some simple stuff....but after being out of town for more than a year his body gave out and he had to stop working and doing anything physical.

So away I went on a quest to teach myself... Hit sandy clack and ec hard for winters with one lost fish to bobber and jig. Then I meet a really nice guy (sam) it was to the end of winter run but he still would go out and try and get me into a fish... Not even fish hisself as much as making sure I was in the water all the time. It didn't happen but he never gave up and showed me a lot.... Next came plunking springers keep it simple but didn't end up hooking into one... So then came summer!!! This is when I meet Alan aka osmosis.. He took me under his wing like sam we ended up in a small creek up the big c. U could see them in there all over the place. But we were set up to plunk the mouth.. So he dug around found enough to stuff for one drift gear and got to work. He hooked probably 10 steelhead that day handed them all right to me and let me fight them to the bank... I didn't want to try fishing it because I knew I would just get snagged up. Next day we both happened to go back.. He was on one side me the other... Not as many as fish but with a few more tips I hooked and landed my first fish all on my own!!!

What I'm getting at is I had 2 great guys show me a lot of things that helped me become the fisherman I am today! Only 2 years and filled 2 harvest cards and my tag! Thanks guys now I want to do the same for someone... So if ur set on getting into steel not willing to give up just becaus can't get them at first come hit me up I'll show u some water see what I can do to send u on ur way with ur cherry popped and the ability and CONFIDENCE u can do it on ur own!

brandon4455
brandon4455
great story bro,, ill have to head up that way sometime and shootya a pm the day i do

brandon

Y
youngbuck307
Yea man u come to my neck of the woods I'll show u the water I know...

brandon4455
brandon4455
it will probabl have to wait another month though, still waiting for my birth certificate in the mail so i can get my permit :/ then ill shoot ya a pm and we can meet up some time

brandon

troutdude
troutdude
Hey Buck,

Your kind and generous OFFer, to in turn help others, is a credit to the man that your dad was. It is also a credit to the man that you have become. Fishing is all about helping the younger generation (plural when you are my age), to learn our art.

U DUH MAN! Way to go. I tip my hat to your dad and to you.

T
Thuggin4Life
Good for you man. I was gonna try to get ahold of someone in the area here when i go up to see my neice or nephew my sister should be having any day know. was thinking sometime in january and will be very close to the sandy. i know how to fish but maybe you can show me some spots and some tips.

M
metalmania
I told ya dude, once you start getting it down you can't help but wan't to get others into it:D. You've turned into one hell of a fisherman, and i'm sure your dad would be mighty damn proud of ya.

M
Moe
I would love to go fishing with you some time inthe next couple weeks, I would let you know this friday. No one in my family fishes so I have no one to teach me and I kinda taught my self. I have caught one steelhead last winter plunking but I would love to get one drifting/bobber fishing. It would be awsome to fish with you. I can fish the Sandy/clack/Big C.

Y
youngbuck307
Yea sam u were right just kinda cool also knowing I could make a chang in someone life with it to... I know fishing has changed mine just ask my girlfriend I'm never home any more lol! And Moe ur on man just pm me! And it's just getting going bet we could pull one this year for u

H
halibuthitman
ok ok ok... I,d be willing to let you show me the creek where osmosis hooked ten in a day!..:D:shock:

W
waco
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: you are a good fisherman!!!!

C
chrishophoto
I remember when your father died, and it sounds like you had many good times with him. I have never been successful with catching a steelhead yet, and would love the opportunity to have a little guidence on this, I'd be greatful.

-Chris

G
Growbug
Fantastic post, great way to honour your father!

It was my dad got me into fishing when i was around 6 or 7 and I have many many great memories of walking down to a creek in Wales during our summer vacation. Trout!
Back in the UK, trout fishing was a rarity.

Keep up the good work

M
metalfisher76
They`d be a fool not to take ya up on the OFFer. That`s fo sho! I`m not sure what else to say right this second.... I`m a bit touched. Like growbug said, my dad taught/gave me the passion to chase this wonder that is Winter Steel and all Salmonid :).

DOOO IT , DOOO IT , DOOO IT.......

F
fishfosho
fo sho

Y
youngbuck307
Well thanks guys! And Damon like I said if it wasn't for people like u and ur dad Alan sam and all the others I wouldn't be where I am... And just so everyone knows I'm still learning all the time just this last week learned a new trick... A old man ;) handed me a pink cotton glove when I was trying to help land a guys fish. It had slipped away from me once but with that glove it stuck to my hand like glue! My catch rate well at least fish landed will go up thanks to this!

M
metalfisher76
That`s right! I heard ya did the "Grab for the Cure" with pinky:lol: All cotton white cheapies($1 at the lil store) are what I prefer:D But dads pinky has pulled some chrome, fo sho!

D
dud3r
Your box is full YB.

S
skunk
Your box is full so I'll try this way. Love to have some help getting this figured out. PM me if you get some free time to help.

Y
youngbuck307
skunk said:
Your box is full so I'll try this way. Love to have some help getting this figured out. PM me if you get some free time to help.

Yea I'll makes some room right now thanks for the heads up! And just so u guys know there is a long season and will try and get around to Everyone and don't fill like ur bugging me I just am busy trying to make cash for holidays because unemployment didn't go through yet and isn't going to pay me enough to get me by anyway so going to have and find some work after my car is fixed asap. Means might only be able to do saterdays agen soon! (mixed feelings about that)lol