Looking for new trout fishing areas

KhaosSlayer

I'm in the Corvallis area and usually fish Corvallis, Albany and sometimes the Mary's river in Philomath, i am just getting back into fishing and I'm gonna be getting a ultralight set up for trout and pan fishing maybe play with some bass every now and then but mostly for trout and pan fishing. I'm looking for any recommendations of areas to check out in my local area to go fishing hoping to find some new spots that maybe I didn't know about, any input is appreciated thank you!

4labs

There are sooo many places to fish where you are if your willing to drive a little. For trout head up hwy 20 and if you can hwy 58. Bass are anywhere in the valley but if you have a day fish the Umpqua below Elkton for smallmouth.
Check ODFW website each Wed. but the best resource is THE COMPLETE ANGLERS GUILD TO OREGON. Don't know if its been updated but have had it for 20yrs and still look up places to go. For trout keep it simple. Spin outfit and a black rooster tail and mepps will catch any trout or bass.
Post pics when you go and even if you get skunked let us know.
Also look up Hills Creek and the river below Green Peter .

KhaosSlayer

There are sooo many places to fish where you are if your willing to drive a little. For trout head up hwy 20 and if you can hwy 58. Bass are anywhere in the valley but if you have a day fish the Umpqua below Elkton for smallmouth.
Check ODFW website each Wed. but the best resource is THE COMPLETE ANGLERS GUILD TO OREGON. Don't know if its been updated but have had it for 20yrs and still look up places to go. For trout keep it simple. Spin outfit and a black rooster tail and mepps will catch any trout or bass.
Post pics when you go and even if you get skunked let us know.
Also look up Hills Creek and the river below Green Peter .
Thanks man appreciate that! Good information

troutdude

Welcome to OFF.

Hopefully you're releasing any trout caught, at this time, from the Mary's River. While it is open year round--retention doesn't start until late May.

Take a look at this stocking schedule. Pick a lake and go!

Good luck and tight lines. Let us know how you do.

KhaosSlayer

Welcome to OFF.

Hopefully you're releasing any trout caught, at this time, from the Mary's River. While it is open year round--retention doesn't start until late May.

Take a look at this stocking schedule. Pick a lake and go!

Good luck and tight lines. Let us know how you do.

Currently I'm not catching anything I litterally just ordered a new pole set up 2 days ago and it won't even be here till February 14th I haven't done any fishing this year just trying to plan for places to go fishing mostly

troutdude

The lower Long Tom river, and Fern Ridge Reservoir, are good for panfish (lots of fat crappie in particular) and smallies.