Looking for info on this pond

Bass Man
Bass Man
So I went down to Eugene yesterday and probably like most of you I'm always keeping one eye on the road and the other is usually searching for new bodies of water. Between Highway 34 (Corvallis/Lebanon Hwy) and Eugene there's a lot of ponds but I think most of those are irrigation ponds. I did see one that I'm not sure about which is just north of Eugene between I-5 and North Coburg road, please see link to map. Does anyone have information concerning this pond?

Thank you

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
No help here

No help here

Seen it plenty from road looks like access from north coburg. Do know its in a farm field that has livestock rotated on to it regularly. It is small but attractive other than that good luck on findin info. so many ponds so little time

Bass Man
Bass Man
Thank you Finneus Polebender. I was thinking you might have some information on this pond, looks like I might have to join you someday at the Delta Ponds since you have been doing so well there lately.

F
Finneus Polebender
Bass Man said:
Thank you Finneus Polebender. I was thinking you might have some information on this pond, looks like I might have to join you someday at the Delta Ponds since you have been doing so well there lately.

Delta is one of my favorites not hard to catch me out there soooo much good water there .

T
TTFishon
Fished twice in the mid nineties. Lots of carp and quite a few nice bass. Of course that was a while ago so it's probably a bit different. One thing to watch out for is nutria traps. The kind that clamp down in an instant.

Bass Man
Bass Man
hmmmm..interesting

hmmmm..interesting

TTFishon said:
Fished twice in the mid nineties. Lots of carp and quite a few nice bass. Of course that was a while ago so it's probably a bit different. One thing to watch out for is nutria traps. The kind that clamp down in an instant.

Hi TTFishon,

A few nice bass...oh how I do like the sound of that:D And of course carp are always fun to catch. On the map it shows a house just west on the pond, was the house there in the nineties that you remember? Just wondering if it's private or open to the public. :pray: Those nutria are mean little rodents that's for sure!!!!

T
TTFishon
Bass Man said:
Hi TTFishon,

A few nice bass...oh how I do like the sound of that:D And of course carp are always fun to catch. On the map it shows a house just west on the pond, was the house there in the nineties that you remember? Just wondering if it's private or open to the public. :pray: Those nutria are mean little rodents that's for sure!!!!

I vaguely remember a house. We weren't sure if we could fish there but drove past the house anyway. Nobody told us to leave so it must've been ok to fish there. There wasn't any no trespassing signs then either.

Bass Man
Bass Man
Thanks for the info TTFishon! No signs is a good thing. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in the area, I'll be sure and post with an update on the status of this pond.

T
TTFishon
Bass Man said:
Thanks for the info TTFishon! No signs is a good thing. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in the area, I'll be sure and post with an update on the status of this pond.

No problem. Hope you catch some big ones. Good luck.

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
No problem. Hope you catch some big ones. Good luck.

This would be one of my new private ponds the tractor pond and still many carp and bass as proven by the " dominator " and it would be wise to contact me first as I watch over it for the owner who doesn't mind prosecuting trespassers.

Last edited: